Opportunity for Scrum Masters to commence an engagement in August 2020 through to August 2021 with an Australian Federal Government Agency.
The Scrum Masters work with teams who operate with an Agile mindset towards our vision of delivering contemporary and trusted services using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
The Senior Scrum Master works with and influences across teams, coaching them to self-organise, structure, manage its work and achieve its goals. As a key source of knowledge of Agile values, principles and practices, the Senior Scrum Master provides guidance on Agile operating models and strategies for newly formed teams or projects and existing delivery areas, taking into account the context, team maturity, focus, priority, flow and value.
Senior Scrum Masters exercise a considerable degree of independence and undertake a leadership role, with work performed under the broad direction of senior management. They undertake complex problem solving and issues management and develop strategic relationships to identify opportunities, achieve outcomes and facilitate cooperation.
Key Tasks / Duties may include some or all of the following:
1. Minimum 3 years coaching Agile practices in a large organisation and/or government agency
2. Scrum Coach and/or Master Certification
3. Experience in leading Agile teams through Scrum processes
4. Experience in Stakeholder Management, negotiation, and communication
5. Strong knowledge of SAFe & Scrum theory, rules and practices
6. Knowledge and understanding of project management frameworks and policies and the governance requirements of a major programme of work
7. Experience in Agile Project Management tools
8. Demonstrated personal resilience and ability to manage challenging sensitive situations
9. Must be an Australian Citizen