Insurance Business Architect/ SME - Sydney
The role is a senior-level, strategic business partner who shares ownership for both business strategy and business value results.
Successful candidate will support transformation projects and collaborates with Sales, Engagement, Enterprise Architecture and Delivery to ensure the technical solution being proposed aligns with the client’s vision, strategy and expectations. Proficient in the P&C Space and understands the insurance landscape and organizational needs.
- Use deep Insurance industry knowledge, technical implementation and business operations consulting experience in delivering flexible, innovative business models for clients.
- Engage at the pre-sales stage to ensure the business drivers are understood and that the solutions proposed are targeted to help meet the business value / KPI’s indicated.
- Design, prioritize and help implement package systems by leveraging Out of the Box capabilities to the fullest and customizing where needed while setting and managing proper expectations with business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with clients and package solutions delivery team to identify and integrate client’s organizational vision into business capability roadmaps to help clients manage change, prepare for growth, embrace digital agenda and maximize long-term operational efficiency.
- Create business requirements document (BRD), functional requirements document (FRD), review/ create SIT/ UAT related artefacts
- Support client’s organizational transformation goals by understanding the operational current state, future state and business values; helping to define and drive business solutions to meet the transformation goals
- Analyze and provide input on the methodologies and frameworks to be used during the requirement and execution of projects.
- 15+ years in the P&C insurance industry with excellent knowledge of core systems in Personal/ Commercial/ Specialty lines of business.
- 10+ years in business analysis/ business architecture, requirements gathering, functional and integration design, development, testing, training through defining support procedures for adoption in transformation initiatives.
- 10+ years in developing and maintaining relationships with top decision makers at key clients.
- 5+ years of driving at least two or more large/ complex business transformation initiatives.
- 7+ years of experience in software development projects involving Duck Creek or other industry standard packages.
- Must be willing to travel 75% of the time
- Strong Leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor, motivate, and foster teamwork
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels internally, the client, and with external partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in Duck Creek full-suite (at least two of Policy, Billing and Claims or preferably all three modules) is required
- ISO knowledge and understanding
- Knowledge and experience of Duck Creek commercial Lines templates
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Experience delivering in agile methodology
- Experience with digital technologies, BPM tools, Integration middleware solutions, APIs, micro services
- Experience in cloud based SaaS is a huge plus
- Experience in the Australia Insurance market a big plus
- Eligible to work in Australia (Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen).
Got Questions? Email us at 1425D12FB2@jobs.workablemail.com
Interested? APPLY NOW
agile methodologyAPIsAustralia insuranceAustralian citizenBachelors DegreeBillingBPM toolsBRDbusiness architecturebusiness requirement documentbusiness transformation initiativesClaimscloud base SaaSDuck CreekDuck Creek Commercial LinesDuck Creek full suiteFunctional requirement documentintegration designIntegration middleware solutionsISOMasters Degreemicro servicesorganizational change managementP&C Insurancepermanent residentPolicysoftware development projectsstakeholder management