A Federal Gov’t Client is seeking to hire a Business Analyst, the Division is one of the Australian Government’s key digital policy initiatives, and critical to achieving the goal of being a leading digital economy and society by 2030.
The Division will allow consumers to transfer their data more easily between providers. Data sharing will allow consumers to compare and switch between products and services and will encourage competition between providers.
This will lead not only to better prices for consumers, but also more innovative products and services. The Division is being rolled out sector-by-sector across the economy. The roll out started with the banking sector, will be followed by the energy sector, and is then expected to be expanded to telecommunications. Future developments are likely to include third-party action initiation including third party-payment initiation. We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join the Product Management within the Solution Delivery & Operations (SD&O) Branch of the Division .
The Business Analyst will work closely with the IT Delivery Teams, Architecture & Design teams, and other stakeholders to ensure that business requirements are understood, clearly defined, and of value to the Division program, with a particular focus to help review and uplift the existing suite of solution design and product documentation within the new knowledge management solution.
- Understand, analyze, and model the end to end business and technical processes in the Division ecosystem in order to apply policy and operational enhancements to systems.
- Liaise with stakeholders to understand, gather, and analyze their requirements and concerns, in line with the agency and programme’s business objectives.
- Examine and organize requirements to record and identify dependencies, relationships and logical sequences.
- Analyze data standards and develop clear requirements and comprehensive user stories for API, information security and authorization development.
- Attend and drive relevant agile practices (e.g., feature development and refinement, user story creation and refinements, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, showcases), to ensure value is delivered to the customer / end users.
- Develop and maintain business analyst artefacts and documents that include business requirements, impact analysis, process models, product specifications, user stories, acceptance criteria, and user acceptance testing plans.
- Develop relevant communications, training material and user guides to support transition to operational areas, and to inform to the wider stakeholder community.
- Identify and escalate or resolve risks and issues as required, suggesting alternative approaches.
- Establish a positive and collaborative team attitude, ensuring communication sharing among team members and across other teams within the agency.
- Contribute to agile software development including quality checking activities such as user acceptance testing, release management and production verification testing.
Estimated start date: Thursday, 20th February 2023
Initial contract duration: 4 months
Extension term: Possibility of extensions up to 12 months, based on performance & business requirements
Work Location: ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA
Security clearance: Australian Citizen and must can obtain Security Clearance
This role allows for flexible working arrangements, though there is an expectation that personnel be available to work in the office 2 days a week.
- Demonstrated experience as a Business Analyst, including the ability to interpret legislation/policy, technical and stakeholder needs.
- Proven experience in developing requirements in line with the agency and programme’s objectives, and effectively developing and owning high-quality business and systems deliverables such as process models, product specifications, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- An understanding and technical experience in open-source software development, API’s, data standards and cloud-based solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including the ability to build and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Practiced in developing and presenting relevant communications, training material and user guides to support transition to operational areas, and to inform to the wider stakeholder community.
- SAFe certifications
Experienced or trained in:
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe); Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect; Confluence; Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of: OpenID Connect/OAuth; Financial-grade API (FAPI)