Prestigious University in Canberra is seeking an experience IT Project Manager to work with a project team lead by a business steward and a technical steward and includes a technical lead, business analyst, test manager, database adminstrator. The team will directly liaise with SMEs from Centre, College/School academic and professional staff responsible for the curriculum lifecycle.
As a Project Manager, you will
- focus on delivery of an upgrade project to improve the Curriculum Management System.
- have extensive stakeholder engagement experience whilst also demonstrating a successful track record of managing internal and external delivery partners situated on and off shore, budgets and resources.
- Project Management;
- Monitoring, control and reporting;
- Creation of project artefacts;
- Management of the project schedule;
- Vendor and contract management; and
- Budget management.
Essential skills and experience
- Graduate qualifications in project management and information technology or equivalent environment or an equivalent combination of experience and education/training with minimum three years experience. Accreditation in P3, MSP, Prince2, PMBOK or equivalent will be highly regarded.
- Extensive experience in ICT project management including completing multiple projects on time, within budget and delivering high quality outcomes.
- In preparing high quality professional business case submissions and project management artefacts in accordance with best practice project management principles.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, both written and oral, including demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with internal and external key stakeholders.
- Highly developed analytical, problem solving and organisational skills with an ability to meet priorities, competing deadlines and use of sound judgement in decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team of people, to provide consistent, responsive and high quality administrative and project support.
- Ability to use management information systems, as well as proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- High level of understanding of equal opportunity principles and occupational health and safety and a commitment to their application in a university context.
For you to qualify
- Australian citizen.
- Preferably with a Baseline Security Clearance.
- Amenable for a fixed term 9 month contract engagement.
- Work full time and on site in Canberra ACT.