An independent Commonwealth statutory authority whose role is to enforce the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and a range of additional legislation, promoting competition, fair trading and regulating national infrastructure for the benefit of all Australians.
The Consumer Data Right (CDR) sits within the Department and is an economy-wide data portability reform that is being rolled out sector-by-sector, starting with banking and energy and following into telecommunications.
The CDR will allow consumers to easily transfer their data between providers so they can compare and switch between products and services. It will also encourage competition between providers, leading not only to better prices for consumers but also more innovative products and services. Potential future sectors include superannuation and insurance.
The CDR’s objective is to provide consumers with the ability to efficiently and conveniently access their personal data held by businesses (data holders), and to authorise the secure disclosure of that data to trusted third parties (accredited data recipients). The CDR will also require businesses to provide public access to information on specified products.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a very exciting new team that is shaping the future of the Consumer Data Right. We are looking for a CX designer with a background of human-centred design that can help us to continuously improve our value proposition across multiple industry sectors.
The Technical Governance and Strategy Team within the CDR Division is seeking an experienced CX Designer to work across the CDR to help meet business outcomes.
This role will report to the Technical Governance and Strategy Function Lead and fundamentally shapes, scopes and contributes service design expertise to help uplift the CDR.
We need a critical thinker able to produce an end-to-end vision of the multiple user segments lifecycles.
1. Conduct design research to understand our users and their needs.
2. Liaise with key stakeholders to understand, gather, and analyse their requirements and concerns, in line with the agency and programme’s business objectives.
3. Refine our value proposition to align with our key users.
4. Own the customer experience across the full customer lifecycle, through the service we provide and the systems we facilitate.
5. Drive, participate, and perform ideation workshops with key stakeholders to select best candidate projects that generate value for the business.
6. Create end-to-end strategic solutions that benefit our users and provide long term value for CDR.
7. Consolidate and report findings back to the leadership and other senior stakeholders.
Estimated Start Date: 04th April 2022
Term: Initial Term to 30th June 2022
Extension Options: Possibility of 2 x 1 year extensions, based on performance & business requirements
Work Location: ACT, NSW, VIC, QLD and SA.
Security Clearance: Confirmation Australian Citizenship or Australian Permanent Resident + Police Check
- Strong experience in human-centred design process and value proposition design, generating future areas for improvement.
- Expert facilitation skills in workshopping and collaborating through face to face and virtual means with a diverse audience via shared physical and digital workspaces.
- Demonstrated ability to present and communicate effectively, including the ability to build and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships in a flexible environment.
- A positive and collaborative team attitude and strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to achieve results under limited supervision
- Ability to problem solve through lateral thinking.
- Background in marketing, psychology, business or Human-Centre Design (HCD)
- Previous experience in a Business Analyst Role.
- Experience in the delivery of large programs utilising agile methodologies.