An Australian organisation offering roadside assistance, advocacy for motorists and road-users, motoring advice, car servicing, International Driving Permits, travel and other services in New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. It is a member owned mutual company limited by guarantee.
We are looking for an ambitious Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing Cloud Infrastructure team. The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you will take responsibility for Managing OCI and GCP cloud infrastructure, including the Network and other cloud resources. To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify the most optimal cloud-based solutions that aligns with existing standards and strategies, in accordance with best practices and company security policies. A top-notch candidate must have excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and should be a team player.
You will be part of a team that provides the following functions:
- Managing and improving a multi-cloud environment Oracle and GCP
- Applies technical knowledge of networks, Linux and Windows operating systems, utilities, etc. to the server & cloud
- Drives the organization towards Cloud best practices and supporting technologies to enable such capabilities as DevSecOps and increasing the level of automation.
- Defines, monitors, and troubleshoots system performance within the Cloud infrastructure.
- Develops and maintains operational guidelines for the maintenance and support of the infrastructure.
- Reviews existing technology, configuration, and implements improvements and upgrades.
- Provides reports for system health, configuration, and capacity. Perform routine maintenance and apply software updates.
- Coordinates with other Cloud Engineers to deliver solutions and configuration items with minimal user impact.
- Automates routine maintenance tasks as appropriate and ensures proper backup procedures are in place and in use.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
- Actively seeks out opportunities to improve existing practices, procedures, and technology implementations.
- Has full working rights (Au Citizen/ Permanent Resident)
- Passionate about cloud engineering and are always on the lookout for new things to learn and apply to your work
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with a worldwide team and cross functional departments
- Fond of open source software and tooling
- You are thorough, meticulous and care about the business impact of your technical work
- Open to the global security threats and understand the IT and Security best practices
Functional/Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- 3+ years’ experience in deploying and maintaining public cloud platforms
- Experience in compute, network, storage, and application troubleshooting
- Scripting (Terraform required, Power Shell & Ansible preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to share knowledge
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Understanding of and experience with the five pillars of a well-architected frameworks
- Experience in Jenkins, GitHub, Azure DevOps or similar CICD platform.
- Experience with terraform and automation
- Proven comfort with Linux and Windows operating system
- Experience in server, network, and systems administration and are equipped with troubleshooting and scripting skills for daily operations.
- Understanding of IT and Security best practices
- Working closely with IT support team for level3 incidents
- Experience with troubleshooting network issues
- Knowledge on Fortigate Firewall
- Experience in large-scale enterprise IT environments
- Experience in a consultative, client-facing consulting role
- Oracle OCI or Google GCP Administration experience