The government has charged our client with key responsibilities to introduce a Consumer Data Right (CDR). The CDR will allow consumers to easily transfer their data between providers so they can compare and switch between products and services. It will also encourage competition between providers, leading not only to better prices for consumers but also more innovative products and services.
The CDR will be rolled out sector-by-sector across the economy. This role sits in the Solution Delivery & Operations Branch and is a member of a MultiDisciplinary Team (MDT) that supports the delivery of the Consumer Data Right (CDR). The Product Owner will work closely with the IT Delivery Teams, Architecture & Design teams, and other stakeholders to ensure that business requirements are understood, clearly defined, and of value to the CDR program.
Product Owners are responsible for advocating business priorities and customer experience. They ensure that the team work on the right priorities based on business value and customer needs, balancing this with any associated risks to maximize value. They work with stakeholders to define and groom the product backlog, ensuring that product development is on track and aligned to the business objectives and product vision.
The successful applicant will:
- Work closely with the Product Managers, business stakeholders and other technical teams to understand and implement the product vision and roadmap by required milestones.
- Be embedded with the delivery team and take responsibility for the prioritisation of the team’s increment backlog and acceptance criteria for solutions, ensure alignment with roadmap milestones, and provide sign-off of sprint plans.
- Lead and drive ongoing stakeholder engagement to ensure detailed understanding of user requirements is always current.
- Identify and manage delivery risks and implement mitigation strategies where needed
- Be the voice of the customer/end user during sprint planning meetings and be accountable for accepting the final plan.
- Participate in agile planning events and work with team members to ensure sequencing is logical and prioritized to deliver value to the customer/end users.
- Attend relevant agile events (e.g. daily stand-ups, retrospectives, showcases) to provide insight about the end users’ needs, to ensure that the interests of the end user are appropriately represented.
- Engage stakeholders in system demonstrations, communicate the team’s progress to the broader stakeholder group and in consultation with delivery managers, escalate issues or impediments for resolution as required.
- Support relevant software development life cycle business responsibilities such as user acceptance testing, production verification testing, and release management.
- Participate in and drive the continual improvement of ways of working.
Estimated start date: March 2023
Initial contract duration: 1 Year
Extension term: Possibility of extensions up to 12 months, based on performance & business requirements
Work Location: Melbourne
Security clearance: Australian Citizen and must can obtain Security Clearance
This role allows for flexible working arrangements, though there is an expectation that personnel be available to work in the office 2 days a week.
- Demonstrated experience as a Product Owner, including the ability to interpret legislation/policy, technical and stakeholder needs.
- Proven experience in developing requirements in line with the agency and program’s objectives, and effectively developing and owning high-quality business and systems deliverables such as process models, product specifications, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including the ability to build and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Adapt to meet immediate and future challenges through effective planning, organizing, and prioritizing a demanding workload, especially in a dynamic and pressured environment.
- Experienced or trained in:
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe); Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect; Confluence; Azure DevOps.
- Knowledge of:
- OpenID Connect/OAuth; Financial-grade API (FAPI)