GoSourcing is seeking to hire an experienced SAP FI ABAP Technical programmer/Senior Development Expert (EL2 level) to undertake BAU and project work for the 2022/2023 financial year with scope for extension. The role is under a Federal Government Client in Canberra.
The work required includes the following:
• Provide analysis of business requirements including Legislative changes and design complex FI system technical functionality.
• Progress and deliver ICT project and system deliverables within required timeframes.
• Perform programming and Unit Testing
• Support System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing by analysing and rectifying defects
• Prepare documentation for technical design of custom developments.
- Translate technical and market trends into development strategy
- Accountable for the analysis, design, development, prototyping, unit testing and maintenance activities
- Ensure compliance with endorsed software development methodologies implement methodology, manage, and lead change and actively contribute to the agency’s strategic direction
- Develop strategy to ensure high code quality and long-term maintenance of a product's code base
- Ensure the maintenance and enhancement of existing systems
- Ensure development productivity and excellence in quality
- Conduct impact analysis, evaluate, and report on technical feasibility and risks for development projects
- Proactively share knowledge and expertise as the subject matter expert, and provide assistance and mentorship to less experienced colleagues
- Oversee operations of teams, including providing a clear sense of direction, setting work priorities, and managing resources
- Provide direction and support to development teams to ensure high quality solution realisation
- Develop staff capability through coaching, mentoring and succession planning resolve very complex, sensitive and/or escalated technical issues
- Oversee, review, and advise on a range of written material which may include technical and corporate documentation
- Negotiate, engage, and manage relationships internal and external to the agency to build service delivery capability
- Attend interagency meetings and forums to influence business outcomes and share information
- Set direction by contributing to local business plans and ICT strategies
- Oversee team contribution to cost analysis activities
- Proactively drive continuous improvement in area of responsibility
- Exercise delegation in accordance with legislation and guidelines.
Estimated Start Date: 01st November 2022
Term: Initial Term to 31st October 2023
Extension Options: Possibility of extensions up to 24 months, based on performance & business requirements
Work Location: Canberra
Security Clearance: must be an Australian Citizen. Personnel must hold Baseline Security Clearance.
Mandatory Criteria (EL2)
- Demonstrated analytical and technical skills of a high order in SAP FI ABAP environment.
Weighted Criteria (EL2)
- Demonstrated experience in data validation and system testing
- Good communication and stakeholder relationship skills
- Exceptional organisational skills, prioritises workloads, works well under pressure, has a good eye for detail and delivers high-quality outcomes
- Displays resilience and focuses on achieving objectives even in difficult circumstances
- Finds opportunities to share information and ensures others are kept informed of issues
- Proven experience to deliver on intended results, in a complex and changing ICT environment
- Writing ABAP programming code for use through functions and modules, including webdynpro and workflow