Are you an experienced Product Owner with a background as a developer?
The Product Management team in the Solution Delivery & Operations branch is looking for a Product Owner for the Consumer Data Right (CDR) programme.
The role reports to the Product Manager and will conduct a range of activities including product ownership, requirements gathering and business/systems analysis.
The Product Owner works closely with other systems’ Product Owners, the technical and delivery teams, and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure that business and technical requirements are understood, clearly defined, prioritised, and are of value to the CDR programme.
About the CDR: the government has charged a Commonwealth Authority with key responsibilities to introduce a Consumer Data Right. The CDR will allow consumers to easily transfer their data between providers so they can compare and switch between products and services. It will also encourage competition between providers, leading not only to better prices for consumers but also more innovative products and services. The CDR will be rolled out sector-by-sector across the economy, starting with the banking sector, then the Energy Sector.
1. Understand policy and determine future obligations and associated system changes.
2. Understand CDR ecosystem business and technical processes in order to apply future policy and operational enhancements.
3. Work closely with the Product Managers, other Product Owners and the technical teams to understand and implement the product vision and roadmap by required milestones.
4. Monitor and analyse data standards and develop requirements and user stories for API, information security and authorisation development tasks
5. Elicit and validate requirements and processes from both technical and non-technical stakeholders and prepare clear requirements, process models, and product specifications in line with the agency and programme’s objectives
6. Be responsible for the prioritisation of the team’s product backlog and acceptance criteria for solutions, ensure alignment with roadmap milestones, and provide sign-off of sprint plans.
7. Participate in agile events and provide insight into requirements to ensure sequencing is logical and prioritised to deliver value to the stakeholders.
8. Be accountable for sprint plans for relevant stages of the delivery lifecycle and manage scope through requirements traceability, maintenance, and communication.
9. Liaise closely with Scrum Masters to improve ways of working and ensure that work is delivered by expected timeframes.
10. Identify and escalate or resolve risks and issues as required, suggesting alternative approaches
Estimated Start Date: 04th April 2022
Term: Initial Term to 30th June 2022
Extension Options: Possibility of 2 x 1 year extensions, based on performance & business requirements
Work Location: ACT, NSW, VIC, QLD and SA.
Security Clearance: Must have Australian Citizenship or Australian Permanent Resident + Police Check
- Experience as a Product Owner, representing complex policy and business needs, while also having a systems background that includes technical experience/knowledge of APIs and interpretation of data standards.
- Proven experience in validating requirements in line with the agency and programme’s objectives, and effectively developing and owning high-quality business and systems deliverables such as process models, product specifications, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- An understanding and technical experience in open source software development, API’s and cloud based solutions.
- Adept to engage effectively and work cohesively with internal and external stakeholders, with an aptitude to influence, persuade, and negotiate.
- Adaptable to meet immediate and future challenges through effective planning, organising, and prioritising a demanding workload, especially in a dynamic and pressured environment.
- Practiced in developing and presenting relevant communications, training material and user guides to support transition to operational areas, and to inform to the wider stakeholder community.
- Experienced or trained in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe); Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect; Confluence
- Knowledge of DevOps; OpenID Connect/OAuth; Financial-grade API (FAPI)