A superb opportunity for Software Engineers (2) to support a major project under a Federal Government Agency. The project is to build a platform to detect financial crime risks by joining disparate and distributed data silos which will require confidential computing technology to enable federated data analysis while maintaining controls over privacy and security of data.
Successful candidate will
- work with Innovation and Technology Solutions
- support the project and may also be deployed to work on other agency priorities, which leverage their expertise and skillset, at the discretion of the contract manager.
Main skills and experience
- with at least 5 years in Software Development work.
- A degree in Data Science or a related field (e.g. Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science) or equivalent industry experience
- A track record in delivering data science solutions to improve business outcomes
- Excellent programming skills. Experience with one or more of the following: R, Python, Scala
- Good experience with cryptography and machine learning libraries
- Strong skills in data wrangling with complex datasets using parallel distributed databases (Parallel SQL, Spark)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong inter-personal and team work skills, and proven ability to be self-motivated
- A commitment to continual learning and skills development
For you to qualify
- Australian Citizen.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a NV1 security clearance.
- Work full time and on site with an option to choose your preferred office site – Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne.
- Amenable for an initial 12 month contract and option to extend to another 12-24 months.
- Can start employment no later than 2 Sept. 2019.
- Specified Personnel will be required to declare any conflicts of interest if any exist, are likely to arise or arise during the course of the contract. These conflicts can be actual, perceived or potential conflicts of interest.
- Specified Personnel will be required to advise if they have a current or previous relationship with an agency’s employee (ongoing, non-ongoing, contractor or consultant). (Advising ‘yes’ is not grounds for exclusion from employment and an accurate response is vital to maintaining the integrity of agency’s assessment processes)
- The Specified Personnel will be required to sign a personal confidentiality undertaking and will be required to comply with the agency’s policies regarding conduct, financial management and security or any other polices advised to the contractor during the course of their engagement or as set out in the contract.