Functional Analysts (APS6) are responsible for engaging and liaising with the business areas and customers to articulate process improvements and problem resolutions.
The Functional Analyst exercises a considerable degree of independence, with decision making substantially dependent on their high-level judgement and consideration of wider agency implications, with work being performed under the general guidance of senior staff.
In performing a leadership role, the Functional Analyst drives innovation, changes in workplace practices and organizes work in the context of competing priorities and strategic direction.
Duties may include some or all of the following:
- Perform high-level analysis and evaluation of business processes and requirements and
- Conduct technical/application assessments for projects and consider feasibility, effort and risks
- Define, plan, document and architect the design of solutions
- Create conceptual and logical business solution design (i.e. blueprint, solution design documents) and implement solutions to meet business requirements
- Support the deployment of technology solutions
- Conduct testing
- Collaborate with stakeholders to resolve issues, solve problems and ensure effective and timely implementation of projects
- Prepare correspondences such as reports, corporate and technical documentation for review by executive level staff
- Ensure work aligns with business processes and overall delivery outcomes
- Support the configuration of ICT applications to meet business requirements
- Develop staff capability through coaching and mentoring
- Highlight and identify gaps in existing functionality
- Highlight and identify functional interdependencies
- Contribute to and influence ICT strategy resolving conflicts as needed
- Propose and create solution specifications for projects
Proposed Contract Term: I 1 yeat
Contract Option Period: Multiple terms not exceeding 24 months in total.
While a Security Clearance is not required for this engagement at the time of issue of this RFQ, the candidates should hold Australian citizenship
- Drive and participate in ICT analysis and design
- Demonstrate experience in examining long-term business requirements, suggest alternative plans and strategies and report on their feasibility and architectural issues
- Design and build user interface prototypes, mock-ups and wireframes
- Extensive SAP Technical experiences (EL1 – SAP ABAP, CRM etc)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience within an Australian Federal Government setting
- Must be able work full time
- Candidates must reside full time in greater Melbourne