Opportunity ID: RFQDM22-005
Contract term: 1st February 2022 to 31st January 2023
The Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for the design and configuration of new functional solutions, and for the ongoing operational support of ICT solutions. They are also responsible for designing and optimizing enterprise-wide deployment of ICT technology solutions.
Senior System Analysts require an understanding of ICT product offerings and their interoperability with other components as well as a high-level understanding of interface technology. The Senior System Analyst works under the limited direction of senior staff. They exercise both initiative and judgement in the interpretation of policy, and in the application of practices and procedures. Decision making is dependent on judgement, skills and knowledge.
The Senior Systems Analyst manages and organizes their own work in the context of competing priorities, including contributing to business planning, changes in workplace practices and business improvement strategies. The Senior Systems Analyst may manage a team.
- Understand legislation/policy, and determine/analyze program business needs.
- Liaise with stakeholders to understand, gather, and analyze their requirements and concerns, in line with the agency and programmer’s business objectives.
- Develop end to end business processes, including driving process improvement in developing and maturing business process modelling capability
- Represent and understand end user and CDR ecosystem business processes in order to apply future Policy, operational enhancements and technical debt changes to existing systems.
- Facilitate communication across business units with a range of stakeholders
- Assist with managing requirements and communication through scope, traceability and maintenance
- Business analyst artefacts and documents that may include risk analysis, scope modelling, and problem tracking
- Drive, participate, and perform requirement gathering activities
- Prepare and contribute to clear business and stakeholder requirement documentation
- Examine and organise requirements to record and identify dependencies, relationships and logical sequences
- Contribute to agile software development including user acceptance testing and other quality checking activities.
- Demonstrated experience working in both multi-disciplinary agile and waterfall team environments
- Demonstrate experience as a lead System Analyst on a high profile and complex IT project
- Developing and documenting system specifications and modelling in consultation with technical experts e.g. UML and BPMN
- Assisting the Team developing computer systems and undertaking specialist activities and provide associated advice.
- Experience working with SAP CRM or ABAP would be highly desirable
- Drive and participate in ICT analysis and design
- Demonstrate experience in examining long-term business requirements, suggest alternative plans and strategies and report on their feasibility and architectural issues
- Design and build user interface prototypes, mock-ups and wireframes
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience within an Australian Federal Government setting
- Must be able work onsite (unless directed).
- Must be an Australian Citizen
- Candidates must reside full time in greater Brisbane