GoSource People is an Asia Pacific based and globally connected Recruitment and Employment Services company. Our Talent Specialists focus on the Information Technology and Data & Analytics disciplines. Australian owned with staff in Australia and the Philippines we service both the permanent and contingent workforce needs of our APAC clients. In Australia we source for Australian Federal, State and Local Governments and large companies.
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Scrum Master who will enable teams to self-organise, self-manage and deliver through the use of agile values, principles and practices. You will guide teams towards structuring and managing their own work to meet their stated objectives.
As agile process expert, you will educate and coach teams towards achieving an agile mindset, as well as enforcing agreed team rules and facilitating team cohesion, collaboration, coordination and communication. You will work under limited direction of a manager and exercise both initiative and judgement in the application of agile values, principles and practices.
As a Scrum Master, you will
- build the team’s knowledge of agile values, and principles, as well as techniques, processes and tools
- collaborate with the team, develop a mutually agreed social contract outlining team behaviours, practices and agile process rules
- plan and facilitate agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives
- assist the Product Owner with reviewing and refining the product backlog, re-prioritising and re-assessing the relevance of tasks/stories to ensure alignment with agile principles;
- anticipate and address/remove blockers/impediments that the team may encounter so the team can remain focused on its goals
- negotiate with product owners and stakeholders to protect the team from external influences impacting their ability to meet the agreed goals
- co-ordinate with other teams as required to manage dependencies and support the team to deliver
- oversee new starters, ensuring a smooth transition into the team including introducing the social contract
- help the team manage conflicts and challenges, and play a key role in improving team cohesion, motivation, dynamics and performance
- create an environment of trust and respect where issues or concerns can be raised safely
- ensure team adherence to the agreed agile process rules and help the team to remain effective by stepping in to manage conflicts and challenges
- Conduct agile rituals and events and be actively involved in communication and change activities involving stakeholders
- research agile trends, industry dynamics, frameworks and tooling to guide and improve the team’s use of agile methodologies
- build capability within the team through strategies that include coaching and mentoring
- facilitate teams and enable them to self-manage and self-organise
- develop and implement changes in workplace practices
- Agile values, principles and practices and their effective application
- Concepts of continuous delivery and product delivery lifecycle where relevant
- Project management methodologies where relevant
- Coaching and facilitation principles and practices
- Team dynamics and factors that affect team cohesiveness and performance
- Frameworks, legislation, policies, procedures and information management requirements relevant to the work area
- Federal Govt privacy, ethics, workplace health and safety and security protocols
- Relevant business systems and tools.
- Australian citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a baseline security clearance
- Contract engagement from 29 February to 30 August 2020
- Contract extensions up to 24 months
- Can work full time and on site in Brisbane QLD
Skills & experience needed
- Extensive experience in agile methodologies including SAFe, Scrum and Kanban.
- In leading projects or delivery of digital products and services.
Desirable skills & experience
- Communicate effectively with diverse audiences, including making use of strong presentation skills and tools
- Resolve problems proactively, using effective and persuasive engagement.
- Undertake a collaborative approach to working with excellent organisational, coaching and communication skills.
- Make effective use of agile methodologies to build and sustain high performing teams
- Pragmatically respond to changing needs and be comfortable in a dynamic, fast moving environment.
- Encourage innovation, continuous improvement and manage and lead change
- Federal Govt experience