Excellent opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst to team up with the staff in Information Technology Services, to understand the business and system needs to support the Admissions Reform Project.
As a Senior BA, you will also:
- Undertake all business analysis activities to ensure deliverables are produced and delivered on time, developed according to defined standards and ensuring that chosen approaches, methodologies and recommendations are appropriate and cost effective.
- Conduct mentoring, training and advice to other team members and clients with respect to business analysis and project coordination services as required.
- Provide regular progress reports on all assigned work, advice on effort estimation of analysis activities and resource requirements.
- Contribute to strategic planning, policy development and decision making processes within the scope of the assigned project.
- Identify and contribute to the development of team processes and practices to ensure that a consistent level of service quality and deliverable is provided in all aspects of the work.
- Comply with the policies and procedures, and in particular those relating work, health and safety and equal opportunity.
For you to qualify
- Australian Citizen
- Ability to obtain a baseline security clearance
- Estimate start of employment: 4th November 2019
- Contract employment for the next 12 months and possible extension of 6 (x2) months
- Can work full time and on site in Canberra ACT
Your skills & experience
- At least 5 years as a Senior Business Analyst supported by tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline, or significant industry experience.
- Extensive experience in business process design principles, including process mapping and Business Process Reengineering.
- Proven experience in the planning and formulation of strategies for the development of business solutions
- Extensive experience in the evaluation, implementation and management of changes to business practices to improve efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Planning and organising skills to effectively establish priority and scheduling of work tasks and demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) to clearly express ideas and opinions, and prepare well-structured and concise business and technical documents for effective interaction with stakeholders.