GoSourcing Federal Gov't client seeks to engage experienced Software Engineer to operate from the client's facilities in Eagle Farm, Brisbane.
About the Project
Client requires an experienced software engineering professional to support the development, updating and functional enhancement of a Launch Mission Ground Software Suite. The requirement for additional support has been identified in several specific areas:
a) Development, updating, and increasing functionality of applications for: - command and control of experimental payloads - processing and distribution of telemetry data - live display of telemetry data (received from payloads via Ethernet streaming) - automation of laboratory hardware.
b) Development of plugins for the SIMDIS visualisation environment (C++).
c) Development of test regimes to verify the stability and reliability of the software.
d) Documentation of software, generation of user guides and training of operators in the use of developed applications.
e) Development of Mission configuration maps (C) and software interfaces to communicate with sensors and devices on and off board experimental vehicles (C / VHDL).
The project scope also includes a field trial deployment to a remote location within Australia for a period of potentially up to several weeks
Specific tasking and guidance in relation to the software development areas broadly described at the ‘About the Project’ section of this document will be provided by client's personnel over the course of the contract. An interactive approach to task completion will be required where solutions are developed in consultation with other members of the project team. The work will involve accessing classified networks which cannot be performed remotely. Strict adherence to ICT security policy and procedure is required.
Maintenance and Support
Software developed during the course of the contract will require maintenance and support. This includes during field trials at remote locations within Australia.
Operator training and guidance of developed software will be required.
a. Fully functional applications developed per guidance and direction from the client's project personnel
b. Test plans and reports for the verification of software stability and reliability
c. Software documentation, user guides and operator training materials
Estimated start date Monday, 09 January 2023
Initial contract duration 12 months
Extension term Not Applicable
Location of work QLD
Working arrangements Onsite - Eagle Farm, Brisbane
Security clearance Australian Citizen and must have Negative Vetting Level 1
Essential key skill/experience areas are as follows:
○ GUI application development for a Windows 10 environment
○ Serial and TCP/IP communications
○ Writing software that interfaces with embedded systems
○ Modern C++ experience
○ Console based application development for a Windows 10 environment
○ Serial, UDP/IP and TCP/IP communications
- Git version control
○ Atlassian Bitbucket
- Issue tracking
○ Atlassian JIRA experience
- Creating software documentation for both users and developers
Desirable key skill/experience areas are as follows:
- DIS Messaging, NMEA Messaging, and ZeroMQ protocol
- Matlab scripting
- PyCharm for Python development.
- Microsoft Visual Studio for C++ development
- Python C++ bindings
Conditions of Participation and Mandatory Requirements
- A current NV1 (or higher) Security Clearance
- Capacity to work onsite at our facilities at Eagle Farm, Brisbane
- Preparedness to travel to and work at a remote location within Australia for a period of potentially up to several weeks during the course of the contract
Work, Health and Safety
- Key persons engaged for this project must follow all Federal Gov’t department and client site specific Work, Health and Safety policy. Mandatory associated training modules must be completed.