The department is seeking highly skilled and energetic Test Analysts to work in one of our high-profile software development projects. We require the services of a range of Testers, including Manual, Data, Data Warehouse and Automation Testers. This is a fast-paced environment, and we require enthusiastic professional testers who have experience working on large, complex projects. The successful applicants will have the opportunity to work on projects using leading edge technology.
All Test Analysts will be required to undertake:
• Analysis of requirements documentation
• Design, preparation and execution of test cases for system testing
• Management of defects found during testing
• Preparation and execution of regression test cases for system testing
• Extensive experience testing APIs
Data Testers will be required the following skills:
• Testing the cleansing, transformation and load of migrated data using complex SQL.
• Creating detailed test cases and SQL scripts based on data mapping documents Data Warehouse Tester
• Hands on experience with data warehouse/ETL testing • Strong SQL skills to validate data in database and reports • Experience validating reports using PowerBI
• Testing data flows through the data warehouse Automation Testers will require the following additional technical skills: • Scripting skills with experience in C#, VBS, Java and/or Ruby
• Experience with SQL Databases and writing complex SQL
• Integration of Soap UI in automation process of web services
• Experience using CI tools such as Jenkins
• Ability to read and understand swagger files (YAML) or similar
Estimated start date 2nd May 2022
Location of work Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales
Length of contract To 30 June 2023
Contract extensions One option of twelve months: 1/7/2023-30/6/2024 Subject to funds availability and delegate approval
Security clearance Must be an Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain baseline clearance
- Must have extensive experience (5 years+) undertaking system/integration testing of large-scale systems, using manual or automated testing methods and demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have experience working in an Agile software development environment and experience using DevOps toolset.
- Strong personal qualities including well developed communication skills, an ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team; sound prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Must also have strong personal drive and commitment to delivering quality outcomes.
- Applicants for the Data Tester role must have demonstrated experience working on complex data migration and data mapping projects, including experience with complex SQL.
- Applicants for the Data Warehouse Tester role must have demonstrated experience working in Data Warehousing testing, must have extensive experience working with SQL databases, and experience validating reports using PowerBI or equivalents
- Applicants for the Automation Tester role must have demonstrated and well-developed scripting skills in C#,VBS, Java and Ruby, and the use of these skills in the development of effective automation testing. Experience in advanced automation testing, with a focus on the development of technical automation solutions to provide efficient testing outcomes.
- Please indicate which locations you wish to be consider for
- a. Canberra Only,
- b. North Ryde Only,
- c. Other (please specify