A Federal Govt Department requires a Senior IT program manager to work on an IT program and project objectives in a timely manner, to assist the team by ensuring robust engagement between policy and IT areas. The intent of the role is to ensure clarity of program and project outcomes.
The senior IT Program Manager will be required to collaborate with relevant teams to ensure that program design is developed to balance business and strategic outcomes. The senior program manager will share their knowledge and be willing to perform various program management tasks to support achievement of quality program and project outcomes. The position is expected to work with a broad range of colleagues from both policy and IT areas to communicate progress, and to provide oversight on program/project status and outcomes to governance bodies and senior executive.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ability to gain an understanding of the Program and Project Management approaches within Department in a timely manner to support quality program and project outcomes;
- Work with the IT PMO team to design and implement process improvements to support quality program outcomes;
- Undertake program and project management responsibilities across multiple projects to track project progress and guide successful outcomes;
- Assist in implementing cultural change across the Department to mature and embed Agile delivery practices;
- Assist the PMO team to improve reporting and provide program and project status advice to governance bodies and senior executive; and Perform project diagnosis on in-flight programs and projects.
- Familiarity with the following would be of value:
- Program and Project Management approaches within the Department
Estimated start date 7 February 2022
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory/ New South Wales/ Victoria
Length of contract 12 months (Contract extensions12 months)
Must be an Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain baseline clearance
- Demonstrated senior IT program management expertise with greater than ten years’ experience and ability to understand the DSD IT program and project objectives in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve program and project issues to ensure timely, quality outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to communicate and build relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities, organise workloads and meet challenging deadlines under limited direction.