A Federal Govt client is seeking Senior SYSTEM ANALYSTS (EL1) who will be responsible for the successful planning and implementation of ICT solutions to support the overall business goals and objectives of the functional area.
Senior System Analysts are responsible for engaging and liaising with the business areas and customers to articulate process improvements and problem resolutions.
The Senior System Analyst exercises a considerable degree of independence, with decision making substantially dependent on their high-level judgement and consideration of wider agency implications, with work being performed under the general guidance of senior staff.
In performing a leadership role, the Senior System Analyst drives innovation, changes in workplace practices and organises work in the context of competing priorities and strategic direction
Duties for SENIOR SYSTEM ANALYST (EL1) may include some or all of the following:
- lead and support operations of the team, including monitoring business performance, setting priorities and managing resources and workflow
- lead and manage staff, including overseeing the management of performance, attendance and health and well being
- develop staff capability through coaching, mentoring and succession planning to increase performance, engagement and retention
- oversee the development and implementation of the ICT solution
- highlight and identify gaps in existing functionality
- highlight and identify functional interdependencies undertake and contribute to business management, strategic planning and workforce planning
- assist with the management of finances, contracts, procurement, resources and expenditure
- within area of responsibility ensure project deliverables and milestones are met on time and within budget
- manage team contribution to costing process
Estimated Start Date: 01st July 2022
Term: Initial Term to 30th June 2023
Extension Options: Possibility of extensions up to 24 months, based on performance & business requirements
Work Location: Melbourne and Canberra
- Australian Citizen
- Personnel must hold or be eligible to obtain a Baseline Security Clearanc
- Demonstrated experience working in both multi-disciplinary agile and waterfall team environments
- Demonstrate experience as a lead System Analyst on a high profile and complex IT project
- Developing and documenting system specifications and modelling in consultation with technical experts e.g. UML and BPMN
- Assisting the Team developing computer systems and undertaking specialist activities and provide associated advice.
- Experience working with SAP CRM or ABAP would be highly desirable
- Drive and participate in ICT analysis and design
- Demonstrate experience in examining long-term business requirements, suggest alternative plans and strategies and report on their feasibility and architectural issues
- Design and build user interface prototypes, mock-ups and wireframes
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience within an Australian Federal Government setting
- Must be able work full time and at the client site
- Candidates must reside full time in greater Melbourne or Canberra (Preference Melbourne)