GoSource People is an Asia Pacific based and globally connected Recruitment and Employment Services company. Our Talent Specialists focus on the Information Technology and Data & Analytics disciplines. Australian owned with staff in Australia and the Philippines we service both the permanent and contingent workforce needs of our APAC clients. In Australia we source for Australian Federal, State and Local Governments and large companies.
Federal Government Agency client based in Canberra ACT is seeking a Network Engineer to be part of a multi-disciplinary Project team. Successful candidate will be:
- Responsible in providing support in the delivery of a range of technical capabilities to the organisation,
- For the implementation and support of a new system, including maintenance of a small number of legacy systems.
- Primarily focus on administration of firewall security policies, Internet gateway, and the provision on VMware NSX components to facilitate the expansion of the new system.
- Strong network implementation and configuration skills and a proven ability to work within an integrated team of technical and non-technical personnel.
For you to qualify
- Australian Citizen with a current negative vetting level 1 clearance.
- Employment (estimate) date is on 21 October 2019.
- Amenable for a contract employment until 30th June 2020.
- Can work full time and on site in Canberra ACT office.
Your skills & experience
- 3+ years in ICT network implementation, configuration, and maintenance including Cisco, HPE, and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Knowledege in all aspects of communications infrastructure, internal and external, remote access, public and private clouds, WAN, LAN, and Internet gateways.
- Software defined networking (SDN) used within Data Centres.
- In the production of network configurations and associated documentation.
- Using network management software and tools to investigate and diagnose network problems, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Ability to work with Senior Network Engineers to develop device configurations, network capacity, capability and performance analysis.
- Excellent communicator (oral & written).
- Strong administrative and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise work and work independently for short time periods.
- Working knowledge in the configuration and maintenance VMware NSX components will be highly considered .