Our client is an executive agency of the Australian Government, responsible for delivering a range of welfare, health, child support payments and other services to eligible Australian citizens and permanent residents.
The roles will be located within the SPS (Platform Enabling and Quality), Team located in the clients Melbourne CBD Offices.
We reserve the right to adjust each level in accordance with the responses received.
These roles may be utilised for production support teams.
THE SENIOR TEST ENGINEER APS6
MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN AUSTRALIA AND MEET ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS OF SUPPORTING ROLE CRITERIA’S
- Ensures that ICT solutions improve quality, performance, architectural and functional requirements and are fit for business purpose.
- The Senior Test Engineer ensures that all test effort activities are effectively completed and carried out in accordance with agreed test guidelines.
- The Senior Test Engineer works under the limited direction of senior staff.
- They exercise both initiative and judgement in the interpretation of policy and in the application of practices and procedures.
- Decision making is dependent on judgement, skills and knowledge.
- The Senior Test Engineer manages and organises their own work in the context of competing priorities, including contributing to business planning, changes in workplace practices and innovative improvement strategies.
- The Senior Test Engineer may manage a team.
Estimated Start Date: 01st July 2022
Term: Initial Term to 30th June 2023
Extension Options: Possibility of extensions up to 24 months, based on performance & business requirements
Work Location: Melbourne and Canberra (Preference – Melbourne)
- Australian Citizen
- Personnel must hold or be eligible to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute test cases on appropriate testing platforms using own in-depth analysis of specifications.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both when writing documentation and when writing code.
- Candidates must reside fulltime in greater Melbourne or Canberra (Preference Melbourne)
- Exercises a degree of independent judgement in the interpretation of policy and in the application of practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply in-depth practices and procedures when analysing, designing, executing and creating test cases.
- Ability to priorities work effectively.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and deal with ambiguity.
The above criteria are not listed in any order of priority. The buyer may, at its absolute discretion, determine the weighting to be given to each criterion