Opportunity ID: 18082
Estimated start date: Monday 31st January 2022
Length of contract: to 30 June 2022, with possibility of multi-year extensions based on performance and business requirements.
Work Location:The candidates can reside in Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney or Adelaide
The government has charged the client with responsibilities to introduce a Consumer Data Right (CDR). The CDR will allow consumers to more easily transfer their data between providers so they can compare and switch between products and services.
It will also encourage competition between providers, leading not only to better prices for consumers but also more innovative products and services. The CDR will be rolled out sector-by-sector across the economy, starting with the banking sector, where it will be known as 'open banking'. Subsequently it is expected to be expanded to the energy, and telecommunications sectors and ultimately the whole Australian economy.
The Cyber Security - Cadet Analyst will work with the CDR Cyber Security and Data staff to ensure ongoing compliance Commonwealth Security Requirements (esp PSPF/ISM), ensure the solution has implemented the appropriate Cyber Security controls and ensure highly disciplined security administration of CDR platforms.
- Administer and maintain the accuracy of the CDR’s Information Security Management System (ISMS) and supporting data systems.
- Working collaboratively with service provider’s security and operational staff and cyber security consultants to ensure that security measures are implemented and operational.
- Assist in monitoring Government and public threat and vulnerability feeds to provide timely notice to senior operation staff to ensuring patch and mitigation timings for vulnerabilities are applied in accordance with Essential 8 and Information Security Manual (ISM) requirements
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders and vendors to drive security related outcomes as part of Cyber Security and Data operations
- Assist with technical audits and configuration review of the CDR environment, providing suggestions and solutions to decrease the available attack surface
- Assist in development of security documentation for compliance against the ISM and PSPF
- Assist in design, configuration and management of the CDR application controls
- Provide Cyber Security service management, including actioning of service requests, incidents, change and release management in accordance with ITIL Framework practices and principles
- Assist in monitoring and investigating security related events from security monitoring dashboards
- Assist in design, implementation and management of secure solutions and configurations that increase the security maturity of the CDR
- Ensure quality process are being followed and enforced
- Provide input into the triage and scoping of Cyber Security work
- Reporting any potential security issues or risks to the Senior Security Staff
- Development and upkeep of documentation including policies, frameworks, manuals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud architectures, cyber security technology, systems and processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM).
- The ability to be highly flexible with a strong focus on delivering quality outcomes.
- The ability to learn and understand complex security systems and articulate opportunities for improvement
- A security-first mindset with experience working with highly sensitive data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for developing a career in cyber security and data
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking
- High attention to detail and accurate record keeping and database management skills.
- Ability to organise workflows, set priorities and undertake administrative tasks efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience in dealing with enquiries and presenting information in a calm, concise and structured manner.
- Ability to Negotiate with and manage 3rd party service providers and suppliers
- Work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and engage effectively with stakeholders to drive continuous improvement
- Are an Australian citizen OR an Australian permanent resident with minimum
- A Police Check will be required once a candidate has been selected
baseline security clearance.