Estimated start date 17 January 2022
Location of work Australian Capital, Territory New South Wales, Victoria
Length of contract 12 months (Contract extensions 2 x 12 month)
Security clearance Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Federal Govt Client is building significant digital capability within the Congestion Busting Program.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Design and improve software that meets the user needs prioritised by the team.
• Write clear, secure and well-tested code that’s easy for others to re-use.
• Work with other team members to understand what needs to be built.
• Operate the services developed by the team and identify issues in production.
• Collaborates with other developers to continually improve the overall quality of the codebase.
• Create simple solutions that meet user needs with both frontend and backend technologies
• Deliver and produce a test-driven or behaviour-driven development and continuous integration / continuous delivery cadence
Skills & Experience
- Experience with other JS tools and libraries highly regarded, eg. Webpack, Babel, and Jasmine
- Strong experience with HTML, CSS and SASS
- Specific knowledge of common web security issues and how to avoid them
- Experience developing and iterating software in agile multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Strong understanding of common patterns for developing maintainable and scalable web applications
- Understand how web applications are operated in production (eg. familiarity with platform-as-a-service and building twelve-factor apps)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Collaborative, curious and helpful
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
Full Stack Developers are the preference however will absolutely consider Front-end and Back-end Developers.