A Federal Gov’t Client is seeking to hire an experienced Technical Writer to join our Technology Architecture and Design team. In this role, the Technical Writer will work with the existing project delivery teams to establish best practice documentation guidelines and help review and develop documentation to meet the new standards.
The Technical Writer will have experience in developing technical documentation templates that leverage industry leading standards, work autonomously to review and develop new and existing document artefacts, and be able to engage with business and technology stakeholders to document business requirements and technical solution designs.
- Develop and maintain project documentation for new and existing software solutions, including but not limited to the following:
- High Level Architecture documentation
- Solution Design documentation
- Detailed Technical Specification documentation
- End User documentation
- Other Technical documentation
- Establish best practice guidelines for architecture, solution design, and technical documentation
- Review and develop documentation templates that align with best practice documentation standards
- Work with project delivery teams and subject matter experts to establish and address gaps in existing documentation and artefacts
- Consolidate documentation into agency knowledge management solution
Estimated start date: Monday, 20 February 2023
Initial contract duration: Until 30 June 2023
Extension term: 12 months
Number of extensions: 1x 12 months
Location of work: ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA
Security clearance: Australian Citizen and must be able to obtain Baseline Security Clearance
A mixture of remote and in-office working is supported. Currently a minimum of two days in-office attendance from any Australian capital city is required.
Selection Criteria (Essential)
- Demonstrated 5 years minimum experience as a Technical Writer developing and publishing documentation on multiple complex software development projects
- Prior experience in establishing best practice documentation standards for complex software development projects
- Ability to work proactively to research and collaborate with established delivery teams and project stakeholders to illicit the information
- Ability to understand complex technical solutions and designs and translate this information into documentation and artefacts
- High standard for attention to detail and ensuring accuracy in spelling, grammar, and formatting of documentation
- Prior knowledge and experience using Confluence
Selection Criteria (Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience in:
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Dynamics
- SAFe 4.0 methodology and Azure DevOps.