One of our client is current in need of a APS6 Systems Analysts (also referred to as APS6 Senior Solution Designer) to support the configuration of new functional solutions and provide ongoing support for ICT solutions.
They are responsible for assisting the design and optimisation of enterprise-wide deployment of ICT technology solutions and require an understanding of ICT product offerings and the ability to work with other components as well as a high-level understanding of interface technology.
THE APS6 SYSTEMS ANALYST/SENIOR SOLUTION DESIGNER:
- Works under the limited direction of senior staff.
- They exercise both initiative and judgement in the interpretation of policy, and in the application of practices and procedures.
- Decision-making is dependent on judgement, skills and knowledge.
- Manages and organizes their own work in the context of competing priorities, including contributing to business planning, changes in workplace practices and business improvement strategies
Duties for the APS6 Systems Analyst/Senior Solution Designer may include some or all of the following:
- Manage and support a team including managing performance, attendance and health and wellbeing
- Manage a small team including setting local priorities, managing resources, and assisting with the development of work plans Monitor workloads to ensure business goals are achieved
- Develop staff capability through coaching, mentoring and training
- Perform high-level analysis and evaluation of business processes and requirements and propose and create solution specifications for projects
- Conduct technical/application assessments for projects and consider feasibility, effort and risks - define, plan, document and architect the design of solutions
- Create conceptual and logical business solution design (i.e. blueprint, solution design documents) and implement solutions to meet business requirements
- Participate in project reviews, create and implement action plans to bring escalated projects back on track perform cost analysis activities as required
- Support the deployment of technology solutions
- Conduct testing
- Provide production support appropriate to application/process
- Collaborate with stakeholders to resolve issues, solve problems and ensure effective and timely implementation of projects Prepare correspondences such as reports, corporate and technical documentation for review by executive level staff
- Ensure work aligns with business processes and overall delivery outcomes
- Support the configuration of ICT applications to meet business requirements
- Resolve or escalate issues as required and suggest alternative approaches
- Contribute to relevant business and people planning
- Contribute to the development and implementation of improvements, and best practice in processes and procedures
- Exercise appropriate delegation in accordance with legislation and guidelines
Term: Initial Term to 30th September 2022
Extension Options: Possibility of 2 x 1 year extension, based on performance and business requirements
Work Location: ACT, NSW, VIC, QLD and SA.
Forecasted Start Date: ASAP
Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a systems analyst or technical business analyst on complex ICT system builds
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into functional technology solutions for development, testing & implementation, including the ability to develop quality specifications for complex ICT systems.
- Demonstrated strong technical analytical skillset to contribute to the implementation of system solutions.
- Solid working knowledge of SDLC, development processes and agile methodologies
- Demonstrated understanding of ICT product offerings and their interoperability with other components.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with stakeholders to resolve issues, solve problems and ensure effective and timely implementation of projects.
- Australian Citizenship