GoSourcing is seeking a Senior Development Expert (EL2 level) for a Federal Gov't client based in Canberra.
The client requires an experienced SAP FI ABAP Technical programmer to undertake BAU and project work for the 2022/2023 financial year with scope for extension. The work required includes the following:
• Provide analysis of business requirements including Legislative changes and design complex FI system technical functionality.
• Progress and deliver ICT project and system deliverables within required timeframes.
• Perform programming and Unit Testing
• Support System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing by analysing and rectifying defects
• Prepare documentation for technical design of custom developments.
Key duties/tasks Duties may include some or all of the following:
- Translate technical and market trends into development strategy
- Accountable for the analysis, design, development, prototyping, unit testing and maintenance activities
- Ensure compliance with endorsed software development methodologies
- Implement methodology, manage and lead change and actively contribute to the agency’s strategic direction
- Develop strategy to ensure high code quality and long-term maintenance of a product's code base
- Ensure the maintenance and enhancement of existing systems
- Ensure development productivity and excellence in quality
- Conduct impact analysis, evaluate, and report on technical feasibility and risks for development projects
- Proactively share knowledge and expertise as the subject matter expert, and provide assistance and mentorship to less experienced colleagues
- Oversee operations of teams, including providing a clear sense of direction, setting work priorities and managing resources
- Provide direction and support to development teams to ensure high quality solution realisation
- Develop staff capability through coaching, mentoring and succession planning
- Resolve very complex, sensitive and/or escalated technical issues
- Oversee, review and advise on a range of written material which may include technical and corporate documentation
- Negotiate, engage and manage relationships internal and external to the agency to build service delivery capability
- Attend interagency meetings and forums to influence business outcomes and share information
- Set direction by contributing to local business plans and ICT strategies
- Oversee team contribution to cost analysis activities
- Proactively drive continuous improvement in area of responsibility
- Exercise delegation in accordance with legislation and guidelines.
Estimated Start Date: 01st August 2022
Term: 12 Months
Number of Extensions: 2
Work Location: Canberra
Working Arrangements: Onsite Client Office
- Must be an Australian Citizen
- Personnel must hold or be eligible to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance
- Demonstrated 5 years’ experience as an SAP FI technical ABAP programmer within the Australian Public Sector environment.
- Demonstrated analytical and technical skills of a high order in SAP FI environment.
- Demonstrated experience in data validation and system testing
- Good communication and stakeholder relationship skills
- Exceptional organisational skills, prioritises workloads, works well under pressure, has a good eye for detail and delivers high-quality outcomes
- Displays resilience and focuses on achieving objectives even in difficult circumstances
- Finds opportunities to share information and ensures others are kept informed of issues
- Proven experience to deliver on intended results, in a complex and changing ICT environment
- Writing ABAP programming code for use through functions and modules, including webdynpro and workflow
The above criteria are not listed in any order of priority. Client may, at its absolute discretion, determine the weighting to be given to each criterion.