An Australian organisation offering roadside assistance, advocacy for motorists and road-users, motoring advice, car servicing, International Driving Permits, travel and other services in New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. It is a member owned mutual company limited by guarantee.
We are looking for an ambitious Cloud system administrator to join our growing Cloud Infrastructure and the application team.
Cloud system administrator Job Description Seeking a Windows Systems Admin (SysAdmin) and VMware administrator who will provide second level support and problem management. Candidates should have in-depth, hands-on experience of the Windows OS, common technologies used in a Microsoft environment such as SCCM, group policies, EXSI and VMware Infrastructure Administrator experience.
As a Cloud system administrator, you’ll work with cloud infrastructure team managing business critical applications deployed on multiple cloud infrastructure. You'll perform day-to-day management and operational tasks to ensure that the environment are operating appropriately. Additionally, you'll ensure the security posture for the virtualization environment by monitoring system security, documenting system configurations, and ensuring compliance with industry best practices and regulations.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Administration and management of VMWare Infrastructure on cloud.
- vCenter and ESXi Security hardening as per VMware security standards and best practices.
- Maintain Compliance with Corporate Security Policies:
- Providing escalation support to the other internal IT teams.
- Managing and improving a multi-cloud environment Oracle and GCP
- Applies technical knowledge of networks, Linux & Windows operating systems, utilities, etc. to the server & cloud
- Drives the organization towards Cloud best practices and supporting technologies to enable such capabilities as DevSecOps and increasing the level of automation.
- Actively seeks out opportunities to improve existing practices, procedures, and technology implementations.
Functional/Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- 3+ years’ experience in Windows and VMware administration
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server operating systems
- Strong scripting experience in either PowerShell or Python
- Experience in compute, network, storage, and application troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to share knowledge
- Experience in Jenkins, GitHub, Azure DevOps or similar CICD platform.
- Understanding of IT and Security best practices
- Working closely with IT support team for level3 incidents
- Passionate about cloud engineering, system administration and are always on the lookout for new things to learn and apply to your work
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with a worldwide team and cross functional departments
- Fond of open source software and tooling
- You are thorough, meticulous and care about the business impact of your technical work
- Open to the global security threats and understand the IT and Security best practices