GoSourcing is seeking to hire experienced Scrum Masters to join a Federal Government client in any of the following office locations: ACT, NSW or VIC
The standard Departmental policy is 2 days working from home and 3 days working in the office. Full Time Requirement – Onsite, standard 8 hours per day, and 40 hours per week in total. Flexible Working Arrangements (including remote working arrangements) – Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis against the business requirements of the department and the needs of the immediate work area. Reduced Activity Period - A reduced activity period may apply - where the specified personnel will not work unless the buyer has provided pre-approval in writing, which includes: • public holidays; and • Christmas shutdown, from 12:30 pm on the last working day before Christmas Day and reopening the first working day following the first day of January each year.
The Scrum Master will work closely with Product Owners, Lead Delivery Managers, multidisciplinary development teams and Executives to contribute to the successful delivery of projects within the Data Platforms and Education Systems Branch. The Scrum Master will be embedded into either one project team or various project teams according to the needs and capacity of the Branch priorities over time, and this role will be required to co-locate when appropriate.
The candidate will focus on embedding day-to-day Agile delivery and governance, leading a team, improving Agile maturity, transferring knowledge, and mentoring existing staff. Working closely with the Product Manager and the other MDTs at scale, the Scrum Master is expected to set the tone for success, including team cadence, events and common priorities to optimise value. The Scrum Master will also support the team so that all products are built to an appropriate level of quality.
Estimated start date Monday, 07 November 2022
Initial contract duration 8 months
Extension term 12 months
Number of extensions 2
Location of work ACT, NSW, VIC
Security clearance Must be an Australian Citizen and Must have Baseline
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment and experience guiding a delivery team to consume an Agile development toolset
- Exhibiting Agile leadership through a deep understanding and appreciation of all the roles and responsibilities of a delivery team and the ability to nurture and focus activities in line with Agile methodologies
- Experience leading teams and mentoring staff for continuous improvement to a high delivery standard
- Highly developed communication and facilitation skills to cultivate effective collaboration and a cohesive and positive team culture
- Demonstrated industry-based knowledge and experience in the delivery of complex large-scale projects within the SAFe framework
- Able to adapt in challenging environments while continuing to deliver valuable and human centred outcomes
- Experience in Azure DevOps
- Experience in leading multiple multi-disciplinary teams
- Prior experience in data and analytics platform projects