GoSourcing is seeking an experienced Project Manager to work closely with business users, technical and regulatory staff, and cross-agency stakeholders to achieve high quality project outcomes. Successful candidate will support a Federal Gov’t Regulator Division in any of the following office location: ACT, NSW, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA
- Prepare detailed work plans, manage a delivery schedule, and oversee resolution of risks and issues when working on complex projects
- Work closely with the Division’s technology and regulatory teams, as well as key staff at other agencies, to ensure business requirements are communicated and understood
- Provide accurate and timely advice and status information to Project Executives and the Program Management Office
- Identify and escalate or manage risks, issues, dependencies and constraints
- Effectively plan, organise and prioritise a demanding workload and ensure quality and accuracy in outputs
- Effectively lead a cross functional team of resources
Estimated start date: ASAP
Length of contract: Until 30 June 2024
Contract extensions: Possibility of 1 year extension, based on performance and business requirements
Location of work: ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA, Offsite
Working arrangements A mixture of in-office and remote working is supported. Currently a minimum of 2 days per week in-office attendance from any Australian capital city is required.
Security clearance Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience in successfully leading project and technical and/or regulatory teams to deliver large and/or complex concurrent deliverables to deadline, using drive and initiative while responding flexibly to change and uncertainty.
- A demonstrated ability to engage effectively and work cohesively as part of a team and with internal and external stakeholders.
- Clear, concise and articulate oral and written communication skills, with the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate particularly among senior executives and project governance bodies.
- Understanding and experience working on technology and/or data projects and modelling and mentoring the adoption of best practice system development (preferably Agile) and project management methodologies (preferably PRINCE2).
- Technical skills to be able to effectively scope, plan, execute, and control complex ICT and/or regulatory projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team.
- Certification in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and/or PRINCE2 Project Management
- Experience applying project management in a complex legal or regulatory environment
- Understanding of project management tools including Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Teams