IO/End User Computing Division of a Federal Gov't Department is seeking Agile Change and Release Managers to lead the planning and delivery for successful, iterative releases of capability (Technology and Process changes) through development, integration / UA testing and go-live. Resources will be required to be on call and work outside normal business hours to accommodate change schedules
• Coordination of releases into multiple production and non-production environments ensuring a consistent, repeatable, streamlined process in support of a methodology based on agile work practices.
• Provide high quality advice, guidance and support in the release and environment management process for project management and risk/compliance.
• Create and maintain a configuration management repository across environments including software as well as data.
• Define, plan, coordinate and communicate the forward release calendar with their individual scope items covering business functionality / technical deployments.
• Define and manage business and technology operational readiness checklists and reviews.
• Measure and monitor release progress to ensure alignment with agreed timelines.
• Manage process documentation supporting the release processes ensuring understanding between teams and adhering to security and recoverability requirements.
• Prepare and coordinate change requests and represent changes at the Change Advisory Board (CAB)
Proposed Contract Period 1 June 2022 to 31May2023
Contract Option Period further period(s) up to 24 months
Location Melbourne, Canberra
Security clearance Must be an Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance
- Proven experience moving from legacy change management practices to Agile change/release frameworks (focusing on Cloud platforms changes).
- 7+ years experience in coordinating concurrent releases as part of a hybrid Scaled Agile / Waterfall delivery process within a large organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and build trusted relationships with remote / distributed Business and Technology teams.
- Experience working within a complex, dynamic and changing technical environment with a variety of systems, applications and interfaces.
- Ability to tailor release management processes to organisational needs; taking a flexible, risk-based approach to delivery.
- Strong demonstrated experience with large scale and complex system releases, involving significant business process and role change.