The Client leads the Australian Government’s efforts to improve cyber security and has an ongoing requirement for a Software & Infrastructure Test Analysts to work in support of various Cyber projects within an integrated workforce.
Candidates will demonstrate an understanding of the ICT software & systems development cycle and infrastructure testing with an emphasis on test planning, test analysis, test execution and outcome reporting. The person will have broad experience in testing complex integrated solutions comprising bespoke components with numerous system interfaces, including testing security use-cases. They will be comfortable operating as a hands-on Test Analyst within a SAFe context using the Atlassian stack for test design, execution and reporting.
Candidates must be a motivated self-starter with strong technical abilities and initiative. They will operate as a peer in a high performing technical team, and require strong organizational skills attention to detail and be comfortable working in a dynamic agile environment.
Indicative duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct software development and infrastructure integration testing where CI/CD technologies are employed,
- Conducting test analysis, test design, test execution and test reporting activities,
- Provide input and support to the Test Manager (e.g. to Test strategy/planning),
- Analyze and report on test activities and outcomes and raise, prioritize and manage defects,
- Identify test process improvements, and contribute to testing standards and definition of best practice,
- Communicate and report testing related risks and issues to the Test Manager, SCRUM Master and Product Owner,
- Take responsibility for the integrity of testing,
- Work under broad direction as a motivated, self-starter,
Key knowledge or experience required include:
- Broad experience in testing complex integrated solutions comprising bespoke components with numerous system interfaces, including testing security use-cases and testing system infrastructure (e.g. network components, gateways, firewalls etc.).
- Experience operating as a hands-on Test analyst within an agile scrum context using Atlassian stack test design, execution and reporting.
Estimated start date: Monday, 01 May 2023
Initial contract duration: 12 months
Extension term: 2x 12 months
Location of work: ACT
Security clearance: Australian Citizen and must have an NV1 Security Clearance
Successful candidates will normally work 5 days per week (estimated 40 hour week). All roles f are Canberra based, however interstate candidates are encouraged to apply, and will be considered. The Agency will consider and negotiate remote (work from anywhere) working arrangements on a case by case basis. Where a remote working arrangement is agreed, successful candidates will be required to:
• Attend the Agency’s Canberra Office for the first week of their engagement to undertake compulsory training and to meet team members and various Agency personnel.
• Travel to Canberra at least once per month for a minimum of 4 working days for key stakeholder, team, and organisational events. Where the candidate is interstate based please provide the candidate’s interstate location in their resume.
All candidates must be Australian Citizens and hold a current NV1 clearance to apply. Please provide the candidate’s AGSVA Clearance Subject (CS) ID in their resume.
FOR INFORMATION: This role requires the successful candidate to complete an Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) within 12 months of engagement. An OSA is an ASD policy requirement (ASD-POL-014) for contractors who will be engaged for a period in excess of 12 months. OSA’s are conducted to determine a person’s suitability to work in ASD. Before submitting an application for this role, the candidate should consider their preparedness for questions that may include the following topics: personal relationships, living circumstances, personal values, financial situation, physical and mental health history including substance use, and any civil and/or military record.
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for all aspects of the fundamental test process (analysis, design, execution, reporting and assisting the test lead with monitoring and reporting).
- Experience in the verification of ICT infrastructure (physical and virtual), CI/CD developed solutions and client and server software.
- Experience in maintaining the integrity of testing and coordinating the execution of these activities.
- Demonstrated understanding of security testing and fundamental system security principles.
- Experience in conducting test activities within a SAFe Agile methodology.
- Experience in verifying non-functional requirements (Load, Performance, Reliability, and Compliance).
- Experience using Jira and Confluence for test artefact design and management.