The government has charged our client with key responsibilities related to the introduction of the Consumer Data Right (CDR). The CDR will allow consumers to easily transfer their data between providers so they can compare and switch between products and services. It will also encourage competition between providers, leading not only to better prices for consumers but also more innovative products and services. The CDR will be rolled out sector-by-sector across the economy, starting with the Banking sector, followed by the Energy and Telecommunications sectors.
The CDR division is seeking an experienced project manager to work closely with business users, technical and regulatory staff, and cross-agency stakeholders to achieve high quality project outcomes.
The successful candidate will:
- Prepare detailed work plans, manage a delivery schedule, and oversee resolution of risks and issues when working on complex projects
- Work closely with the Division’s technology and regulatory teams, as well as key staff at other CDR agencies, to ensure business requirements are communicated and understood
- Provide accurate and timely advice and status information to Project Executives and the Program Management Office
- Identify and escalate or manage risks, issues, dependencies and constraints
- Effectively plan, organize and prioritize a demanding workload and ensure quality and accuracy in outputs
- Effectively lead a cross functional team of resources
Estimated start date: Immediate
Contract extensions: Possibility of 1 x 1 year extensions, based on performance and business requirements
Locations: ACT, NSW, QLD, VIC, SA
Security Clearance: Must be an Australian Citizen and able to obtain Baseline Security
This role allows for flexible working arrangement, with an expectation that the personnel be available to work in the office 2 days a week.
- Experience in successfully leading project and technical and/or regulatory teams to deliver large and/or complex concurrent deliverables to deadline, using drive and initiative while responding flexibly to change and uncertainty.
- A demonstrated ability to engage effectively and work cohesively as part of a team and with internal and external stakeholders.
- Clear, concise and articulate oral and written communication skills, with the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate particularly among senior executives and project governance bodies.
- Understanding and experience working on technology and/or data projects and modelling and mentoring the adoption of best practice system development (preferably Agile) and project management methodologies (preferably PRINCE2).
- Technical skills to be able to effectively scope, plan, execute, and control complex ICT and/or regulatory projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team.