Canberra based Federal Government Department Client requires an Azure Cloud Security Engineer to carry out a range of security initiatives for our Microsoft cloud-based digital platforms.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that cloud-based architecture is implemented as designed from a security perspective and Microsoft blueprints.
- Ensuring cloud-based systems are, compliant and effective from a security perspective.
- Providing advice and support to the Cloud Capability Team and departmental ITSA on cyber security matters.
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based security initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Continually improving cloud-based security capabilities.
- Estimated start date 21-02-2022
- Location of work Australian Capital Territory
- Length of contract: 12 months (another 12 months extension may be available)
- Australian Citizen and must have current baseline clearance
- Cloud-based technologies and architectures, in particular Microsoft Azure and Office 365
- Azure DevOps, in particular infrastructure as code pipelines • Implementing Azure platform services such as Azure Defender, M365 Security, Privacy and Compliance, Conditional Access Policies etc
- Configuring gateway services such as Palo Altos and Microsoft services
- Cloud-stretched on-prem networks
- RBAC and information protection for Azure and M365
- Strong understanding of DevSecOps and Cyber Security practices
- Assisting in the architecture and development of CI/CD pipelines
- Work with Cyber Security teams and System Owners to seek alignment between information security and business objectives
- Demonstrated experience in relation to the detailed skill set (outlined above)
- Excellent attention to detail,
- demonstrated initiative and serve as a project leader
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills to quickly and creatively deal with threats or flaws in the network.