A Federal Govt client is seeking experience SYSTEM ANALYSTS (APS6) who will be responsible for the design and configuration of new functional solutions, and for the ongoing operational support of ICT solutions.
They are also responsible for designing and optimising enterprise-wide deployment of ICT technology solutions. Senior System Analysts require an understanding of ICT product offerings and their interoperability with other components as well as a high level understanding of interface technology.
The System Analyst works under the limited direction of senior staff. They exercise both initiative and judgement in the interpretation of policy, and in the application of practices and procedures. Decision making is dependent on judgement, skills and knowledge.
The System Analyst manages and organises their own work in the context of competing priorities, including contributing to business planning, changes in workplace practices and business improvement strategies.
The System Analyst may manage a team.
Duties for SYSTEM ANALYST (APS6) may include some or all of the following:
- Manage and support a team including managing performance, attendance and health and wellbeing
- Manage a small team including setting local priorities, managing resources, and assisting with the development of work plans
- Monitor workloads to ensure business goals are achieved
- Develop staff capability through coaching, mentoring and training
- Perform high-level analysis and evaluation of business processes and requirements and propose and create solution specifications for projects
- Conduct technical / application assessments for projects and consider feasibility, effort and risks
- Define, plan, document and architect the design of solutions
- Create conceptual and logical business solution design (i.e. blueprint, solution design documents) and implement solutions to meet business requirements
- Participate in project reviews, create and implement action plans to bring escalated projects back on track.
Estimated Start Date: 01st July 2022
Term: Initial Term to 30th June 2023
Extension Options: Possibility of extensions up to 24 months, based on performance & business requirements
Work Location: Melbourne and Canberra
- Australian Citizen
- Personnel must hold or be eligible to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated experience working in both multi-disciplinary agile and waterfall team environments
- Demonstrate experience as a lead System Analyst on a high profile and complex IT project
- Developing and documenting system specifications and modelling in consultation with technical experts e.g. UML and BPMN
- Assisting the Team developing computer systems and undertaking specialist activities and provide associated advice.
- Experience working with SAP CRM or ABAP would be highly desirable
- Drive and participate in ICT analysis and design
- Demonstrate experience in examining long-term business requirements, suggest alternative plans and strategies and report on their feasibility and architectural issues
- Design and build user interface prototypes, mock-ups and wireframes
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience within an Australian Federal Government setting
- Must be able work full time and at the client site
- Candidates must reside full time in greater Melbourne or Canberra (Preference Melbourne)