Project Manager – Canberra
A federal government authority (AMSA) is seeking an experienced Project Manager to support its Enterprise Digital Capabilities project and the Integration Platform project, as well as working with the CIO and IT Managers providing project management support on adhoc IT projects.
Reporting to the Director – Technology portfolio, CIO and project boards, these roles will be responsible for implementation of COTS and bespoke applications. The Project Manager will work with other IT resources including business analysts, solution architects, solution designers, testers, developers and other resources as required.
The duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Scoping, planning, implementing and reporting on assigned projects to agreed standards and tolerances
- Tasking/managing project resources and coordinating with business SME’s, service providers and stakeholders to meet project outcomes
- Development of project management documentation, including business cases, project plans, project reports, transition plans, schedules, registers, closure reports and post implementation reviews
- Management of project risks, escalation and resolution of issues
- Working with stakeholders supporting project procurement activities – workshops, reviews, creation of documentation, including RFQs/Tenders, evaluation reports
- Establishment and maintenance of working relationships with stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Guiding project related change including providing clear, consistent communication with active engagement
- Contribution to continuous project management improvement activities across IT and AMSA
Estimated start date Friday, 01 March 2024
Initial contract duration 12 months
Extension term 12 months
Number of extensions 2
Location of work Canberra ACT
National Office and the project teams, including this role are mostly CANBERRA based. Australian interstate or regional candidates may be considered but should factor in the requirement to attend on site as required/directed at their own cost. AMSA will consider hybrid work arrangements i.e. work from home (WFH), however this may be periodically reviewed based on performance. Instances where WFH is found to be ineffective may result in change to WFH arrangements or other actions as appropriate.
Must be an Australian Citizen .Other – Police Check MUST be provided (if shortlisted as suitable) by the recruitment agency before contract will be issued.
- Minimum 5 years delivering Project Management services for government programs and/or projects (federal only)
- Project management certification/s (relevant industry standards)
- Highly developed communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to tailor/scale project management methodologies, governance and delivery approach to the needs and outcomes of the project, stakeholders and users
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, critical/objective thinking and influencing change
Should have the following experience:
- Aligning outcomes, schedules and deliverables to the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Preparing and management/supporting of IT procurement activities for on-premise, cloud or hybrid solutions
- Delivering solutions supporting legislative changes
- Delivering change for vessel safety (road, air, maritime) or other applicable regulatory functions
- Delivering/supporting IT changes for office relocations