For internal use only
A Melbourne Federal Government Department is seeking a Programme Manager to work on a welfare system, mobilise new and current projects with all teams involved.
More about the Programme:
Is a business led, user centred, technology-enabled transformation that will replace the Departments existing welfare system. The Programme is an important long-term investment, allowing the government to address the challenges facing Australia’s welfare system and maximise the benefits of digital, while reducing the cost of administering the system for taxpayers. This is being delivered using Lean Agile principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) methodology to support the successful delivery of critical outcomes.
As a Programme Manager, you will:
- Work with a diverse group of stakeholders and subject matter experts from both business and ICT.
- Team up with a range of stakeholders from other projects including external vendors, and other business Programme Managers across the programme/department.
- Work under the direction of the General Manager.
- From an ICT perspective – strategise, direct, coordinate, and lead programmes to ensure goals, and all elements of the programme are achieved within the given timeline and funding parameters.
- Oversee all strategic aspects of large projects and mitigate any risk.
- Managing a portfolio of projects for successful delivery required of the programme for all stakeholders
- Collaborate in an agile, responsive and transparent way – Agile/SAFe delivery methodologies.
- Manage and develop detailed schedule/s that support the commercial, functional and delivery work streams in evaluation of market response proposals.
- Ensure relationships with key stakeholders to achieve the outcomes of developing and managing project schedule/s.
- Run multiple parties (internal and external); at the same time leading complex /high value engagements.
- Understand the business activities and it’s integration into a broader programme.
- Spot key dependencies and lowering overall risk.
- Australian citizen.
- With a security clearance from the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency at Baseline level or higher.
- Work full time (on site) in Melbourne.
- Can start contract employment on 21st of February 2019 until 30th June 2019.
- Business travel maybe required to other department sites.
Main skills and experience:
- With at least 10 years Programme Management experience.
- Proven experience in managing strategic aspects of large programmes / projects and mitigating risk;
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high value complex change programmes.
- Working experience in directing and delivering highly complex, ICT projects within a broader programme environment where multiple interdependencies exist.
- Ability to span both agile and traditional project delivery methodologies.
- Strong stakeholder/vendor/partner/sourcing engagement and management skills.
- Excellent communications and organisation skills.
- Extensive background in project/programme management.
- Ability to work with geographically spread teams.
- Transparent and collaborative team player.
- Outcome focused – aligned to what is important and adds value.
Email us at 6412F79D48@jobs.workablemail.com or post your message at our linkedIn company page.
Interested? APPLY NOW!