GoSourcing is seeking to identify suitably qualified individuals to support one of our Federal Government clients with specialist support roles for the Enterprise Third Party Portal (ETPP) project.
The client has approximately 24 bespoke portals that are used by a variety of third parties and government to conduct business with the agency. Each portal has specific functions relevant to the program or service provided. Many of the portals have reached the capacity for which they were designed to handle or are built on old or deprecated technology. This current state has resulted in:
- Inconsistent access, authentication and user experience across the range of portals for third party users.
- Additional workload for internal staff where capacity is reached for a portal (where a new third party cannot be on-boarded, they are forced to use phone or service centre).
- Greater reliance on non-digital technology and the use of informal channels to exchange information with third parties, such as fax, email and surface mail. Note that standard email (SMTP) is being used to transmit personally identifiable information (PII) data across the agency.
Established to resolve the above, long-term ETPP will realise the creation of a single entry point for organisations to conduct business with the Federal Government Agency on a modern digital online platform.
The primary focus of the support staff will be to:
1. Deliver a modern, scalable online service delivery platform for businesses interacting with by leveraging and re-using existing ‘target state’ IT capability.
2. Develop a roadmap to iteratively deliver and integrate existing bespoke business facing legacy portals used across the agency.
3. Consolidate similar business functions and interactions across relying parties, by implementing the ‘Tell us once’ approach.
4. Design and implement a seamless user experience for organisations conducting business with the Federal Agency, regardless of the relying party.
5. Undertake and manage analysis, design, development, prototyping, testing, implementation and maintenance, with a focus on security and accessibility, in a Government environment ensuring excellence and consistent delivery, on time and budget.
6. Ability to lead, support and cohesively work in and with technical teams to identify solutions to complex ICT problems through engagement with multiple stakeholders both within and outside the Agency.
7. Collaborate with peers, business counterparts and customers playing a key role in liaising and working with stakeholders to foster partnerships, provide strategic advice and optimise product and delivery effectiveness.
8. Require an understanding of software development methodologies and project and programme management frameworks and policies.
9. Position ETPP for future integration with a Whole of Government single entry point for business.
Estimated Start Date: 05th September 2022
Term: Initial Term to 31st August 2023
Extension Options: Possibility of further terms up to 24 months in total
Location: Candidates must be able to work from a CBD location - Sydney, Canberra or Melbourne
Security Clearance: Must be Australian Citizen and be eligible to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance.
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience Weighted criteria
- Demonstrated experience in creating modern Angular apps (version 12+) from conception.
- Skilled in creating data store structures and frameworks within an Angular app.
- Skilled in, or can skill up in, Federated Angular Modules.
- Skilled in, or can skill up in, using NRWL especially in creating Federated Modules.
- Skilled in using Tailwindcss and/or Bootstrap utils and in.
- Knowledge of Business Driven Development (BDD).
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Candidates must be available to work full time
- Demonstrated practical experience in designing and developing high quality solutions in large and complex, enterprise environments (preferably with Federal Government organisations).
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to perform the requirements of the role within a large complex and geographically dispersed ICT environment
- Candidate skills and experience meeting the weighted Role criteria
- Demonstrated experience working as part of an ICT team