The Client leads the Australian Government’s efforts to improve cyber security and has an ongoing requirement for System Engineers to work in support a program on complex projects within an integrated workforce.
System Engineers will be responsible for leading a delivery team in all aspects of ICT system engineering. They will be involved in the system definition of multiple capability elements across a complex system solution that includes Intelligence search and discovery, analytic tools, task management, publishing tools and a bespoke access management system. The System Engineer will lead system specification definition across a number of capability elements and assist in the subsequent design, delivery, documentation, validation and release of the solutions delivered.
Good knowledge of System Engineering principles and processes and knowledge of information systems security principles, practices and technologies are essential. Experience working with cloud technologies is highly desirable.
Indicative duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all work meets quality standards and quality control measures
- Lead system specification decomposition and ensure requirements are successfully tested during the verification and validation process
- Analyze complex systems engineering issues across a range of capability elements and apply expertise to identify and recommend courses of action
- Contribute to and review externally developed designs, plans and other artefacts to ensure integration with requirements and verification processes
- Coordinate team and service provider resources to deliver and support IT services and products
- Codification of developed knowledge to enable knowledge transfer to ASD contractors and employees.
Estimated start date: Monday, 16 January 2023
Initial contract duration: 6 months
Extension term: 12 months
Location of work: ACT
Security clearance: Australian Citizen and must have an NV1 Security Clearance
Successful candidates will normally work 5 days per week (estimated 40 hour week). All roles for this RFQ are Canberra based, however interstate candidates are encouraged to apply, and will be considered. The Agency will consider and negotiate remote (work from anywhere) working arrangements on a case by case basis. Where a remote working arrangement is agreed, successful candidates will be required to:
• Attend the Agency’s Canberra Office for the first week of their engagement to undertake compulsory training and to meet team members and various Agency personnel.
• Travel to Canberra at least once per month for a minimum of 4 working days for key stakeholder, team, and organisational events. Where the candidate is interstate based please provide the candidate’s interstate location in their resume
. All candidates must be Australian Citizens and hold a current NV1 clearance to apply. Please provide the candidate’s AGSVA Clearance Subject (CS) ID in their resume.
FOR INFORMATION: T
his role requires the successful candidate to complete an Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) within 12 months of engagement. An OSA is an ASD policy requirement (ASD-POL-014) for contractors who will be engaged for a period in excess of 12 months. OSA’s are conducted to determine a person’s suitability to work in ASD. Before submitting an application for this role, the candidate should consider their preparedness for questions that may include the following topics: personal relationships, living circumstances, personal values, financial situation, physical and mental health history including substance use, and any civil and/or military record.
- Demonstrated experience analysing business needs to understand and synthesise requirements to produce system specifications and designs, including evaluating the trade-offs between various designs options to meet the composite of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in prototyping ICT concepts and solutions and assessing results against requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of both software and infrastructure solutions in public, private and hybrid cloud environments.
- Demonstrated ICT technical leadership and communication skills including
- Leading ICT technical planning activities including development of product breakdown structures, planning ICT product delivery and ICT engineering activities
- Guiding the technical delivery of a range of ICT solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact collegiately with customers, colleagues and technical teams.
- Demonstrated experience leading engineering practices and processes in an Organization using Dev Ops or SAFE agile
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- Transition in and/or transition out of outsourced arrangements
- Implementation of service delivery and service management arrangements supporting production ICT systems
- Implementation of ongoing system sustainment arrangements