The Solution Architect is expected to have a strong understanding of ICT architecture in government, and a background in solution architecture in large and complex projects is essential. The Solution Architect is responsible for undertaking technically complex work, under limited direction, utilizing expertise in architecture development methods, systems analysis and design.
The Solution Architect is responsible for the creation and governance of solution architectures that solve the business problems of the Project and are aligned with the overall architecture of the Program. The overall architecture of the Program defines design standards that solutions should adhere to and each Project has specific Job Statements to be met, Business Problems to be solved and Guardrails that the solution must operate within.
- About our requirements The request seeks to engage experienced candidates who have capability to:
- Direct and govern the design of solution architectures to deliver specific Project outcomes within a Service Now Environment
- Review solution architectures prepared by the Systems Integrators and Solution Providers
- Provide technical guidance related to the Service Now Platform
- Ensure solution architectures are fit for purpose and meet the business requirements
- Ensure solution architectures are aligned with the Program Design Standards, other Project’s solution architectures.
- Liaise with Product Managers and the Business Program to ensure solution architectures are fit for purpose and meet the business need.
- Liaising with vendors, ICT, security and system integrators in relation to technical design and/or delivery to facilitate Program outcomes.
- The development and/or review of technical documentation to support procurement, including participation in procurement evaluation activities.
- Specifying key solution components and platforms, giving consideration to functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance.
- Tailor the Open Group Architecture Forum (TOGAF) framework, methodologies, principles and techniques to facilitate architecture development within the Program.
- Operate and configure the Architecture Repository and manage the architectural artefacts and deliverables stored within it.
- Undertake compliance assessments of proposed designs and/or technology solutions to ensure alignment with the Program architecture principles and standards.
- Provide analysis and judgement on complex issues and make significant contribution to the management, preparation and coordination of Program deliverables.
- Develop and actively manage key internal and external relationships, including collaborating with key stakeholders to identify opportunities, achieve outcomes and facilitate cooperation. In addition to representing and explaining architectural views in various forums.
- Provide high quality and timely advice internally and externally, including guidance and reporting to Program Architects and Technical Lead. • Identify and lead innovation, ensuring compliance with business requirements and organizational constraints.
- Communicate using professional judgement, evaluating risks and in the context of a complex and changing environment.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed by the Program management team from time to time.
- Initial contract duration: 6 months
- Extension term: 2 12 months
- Location of work: ACT
- Security clearance: Australian Citizen and must have NV1 AGSVA Clearance.
- Previous Service Now Experience
- 5+ Years of demonstrated Experience working as a Solutions Architect inside complex and large-scale ICT projects/programs
- Expert knowledge and experience in defining solution architecture for both current and future state, including:
- Infrastructure Mapping
- Data Management
- Integration Mapping
- Proven ability to deliver solution architecture that meets business requirements and aligns with organisational constraints.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate between business and technical terminology.
- Proven ability to communicate with influence, negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships.
- Sound working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies (i.e. TOGAF, Zachman and meta model such)
- Demonstrated personal drive and integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and budget parameters.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in ICT or a related field TOGAF 9 Certification.
- Professional IT certifications in one or more architecture domains (business, data, applications and technology).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Commonwealth frameworks, including ICT frameworks.