We reserve the right to adjust each level in accordance with the responses received. These roles may be utilised for production support teams.
A Federal Govt client is seeking experience Senior SYSTEM ANALYSTS (EL1) who will be responsible for the design and configuration of new functional solutions, and for the ongoing operational support of ICT solutions.
They are also responsible for designing and optimising enterprise-wide deployment of ICT technology solutions. Senior System Analysts require an understanding of ICT product offerings and their interoperability with other components as well as a high level understanding of interface technology. The System Analyst works under the limited direction of senior staff. They exercise both initiative and judgement in the interpretation of policy, and in the application of practices and procedures. Decision making is dependent on judgement, skills and knowledge.
The System Analyst manages and organises their own work in the context of competing priorities, including contributing to business planning, changes in workplace practices and business improvement strategies.
The System Analyst may manage a team.
THE SENIOR SYSTEM ANALYST (EL1)
- Is responsible for the successful planning and implementation of ICT solutions to support the overall business goals and objectives of the functional area.
- Senior System Analysts are responsible for engaging and liaising with the business areas and customers to articulate process improvements and problem resolutions.
- The Senior System Analyst exercises a considerable degree of independence, with decision-making substantially dependent on their high-level judgement and consideration of wider agency implications, with work being performed under the general guidance of senior staff.
- In performing a leadership role, the Senior System Analyst drives innovation, changes in workplace practices and organises work in the context of competing priorities and strategic direction.
Duties for SENIOR SYSTEM ANALYST (EL1) may include some or all of the following:
- lead and support operations of the team, including monitoring business performance, setting priorities and managing resources and workflow
- lead and manage staff, including overseeing the management of performance, attendance and health and wellbeing
- develop staff capability through coaching, mentoring and succession planning to increase performance, engagement and retention
- oversee the development and implementation of the ICT solution
- highlight and identify gaps in existing functionality
- highlight and identify functional interdependencies undertake and contribute to business management, strategic planning and workforce planning
- assist with the management of finances, contracts, procurement, resources and expenditure within area of responsibility ensure project deliverables and milestones are met on time and within budget
- manage team contribution to costing process
- report on the achievement of business outcomes, key performance indicators and quality assurance to manage overall performance
- Demonstrated experience working in both multi-disciplinary agile and waterfall team environments
- Demonstrate experience as a lead System Analyst on a high profile and complex IT project
- Developing and documenting system specifications and modelling in consultation with technical experts e.g. UML and BPMN
- Assisting the Team developing computer systems and undertaking specialist activities and provide associated advice.
- Experience working with SAP CRM or ABAP would be highly desirable
- Analysis and Design – Demonstrated ability to: undertake objective, systematic analysis and draw accurate conclusions based on evidence; assess risks and implement mitigation strategies; breaks through problems and weighs up the options to identify solutions
- Strategic Thinking – Demonstrated ability to: develop and maintain stakeholder relationships; communicate effectively and adapt communication style appropriate to the audience; manage conflict using appropriate strategies and determine issues for escalation
- System Design/Build – Demonstrated ability to: design and build user interface prototypes, mock ups and wireframes
- Communication Skills – Demonstrated ability to: develop and manage a range of stakeholder relationships; manage and resolve conflict using appropriate strategies; understand the audience and context, and effectively tailor communication and communication styles
- Experience within an Australian Federal Government setting
- Must be able work full time and at the client site of a CBD location listed