GoSource People is an Asia Pacific based and globally connected Recruitment and Employment Services company. Our Talent Specialists focus on the Information Technology and Data & Analytics disciplines. Australian owned with staff in Australia and the Philippines we service both the permanent and contingent workforce needs of our APAC clients. In Australia we source for Australian Federal, State and Local Governments and large companies.
Federal Govt office in Sydney is seeking a Senior Project Manager to manage multiple projects and will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of projects, liaising with stakeholders from senior management to hands on delivery. Successful candidate will deliver the following:
• Provide Senior Project Management services.
• Awareness of Australian Federal Government security requirements (ISM controls).
• Manage internal IT and external ASIC relationships with relevant stakeholders, project personnel and business units.
• Deliver projects on time, on budget to agreed scope.
• Controlling the scope of the project to avoid unnecessary and/or unapproved changes.
• Using ASIC's Project Management Methodology (PRINCE2) and SDLC.
• Develop and maintain project schedules using MS Project.
• Agree specifications, high level functionality, impact analyses and process changes in conjunction with the Business owners.
• Document project terms of reference for the project (Project Brief) including background, scope, objectives, assumptions and critical success factors.
• Manage project risks and issues actively in line with risk and issue management procedures.
• Enforce change control in line with change management procedures.
• Manage the deployment of the project within agreed time-scales and budget.
• Monitor and control project and report on back on issues, dependences, risks, time lines and budgets.
• Work with ASIC's Design, Architect and other IT SMEs to ensure the systems and solutions delivered meet the strategic direction of the organization as well as meeting the business needs.
• Coordinate team members and vendors for project delivery.
- Demonstrated experience using a project management methodology (eg. PRINCE2 or PMBoK).
- Awareness of Australian Federal Government security requirements (ISM controls) is desirable.
- Proven ability to manage multiple opportunities and activities simultaneously and multi task effectively.
- Minimum of 8 years application project management delivery experience, with involvement in large, business critical systems being highly regarded.
- Prior software development, structured analysis and design or business analysis experience highly regarded.
- Understanding of DevOps methodology, principles and approaches is desirable.
- Managing projects designed to deliver modern cloud and environment automation technologies and approaches like AWS/Azure, Linux/Windows, CI/CD tools and technologies is desirable.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) knowledge, including Foundation Level Version 3 training is desirable.
- Delivering data projects, such as data lakes, data management practices and solutions.
- Effectively present complex information to project and executive level audiences both verbally and in writing.
- Work independently with limited supervision and be accountable for outcomes.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams and deliver results in a timely manner, follow up and follow through issues and actions and drive them to closure in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage procurement activities for both people, software and services.
- Vendor management.
- Demonstrated track record across all stages of project management, including working with key stakeholders to deliver successful outcomes for the business
- Strong financial management of projects including detailed forecasting and tracking
- Strong interpersonal, communication and people skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A commitment to customer service excellence and professional representation combined with proven ability to communicate and accept responsibilities
For you to qualify
- A tertiary qualification in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Australian citizen.
- Ability to obtain and maintain the departments qualifying baseline security clearance.
- Amenable for a 6 months contract with an extension option of another 6 months.
- Estimate start date of employment is 15 Sept 2019.
- Can work full time and on site in Sydney office.