The Data Manager will guide the creation and implementation of effective data management strategy and practice. They will work closely with project teams to optimise the management and use of data within agency systems to support agency decision making processes and influence stakeholders to adopt better data management practice.
There are a number of roles available in the following areas: data storage and operations (requirement gathering), metadata management, data catalogue and enterprise business glossary development, data stewardship (model refinement and implementation), data quality management and data policy development.
The work will be performed in a hybrid information management environment (in cloud and on premise).
Estimated start date 2 May 2022
Location of work ACT, NSW, QLD, SA, VIC, WA
Length of contract up to 12 months
Contract extensions May be available
- Demonstrated experience designing and leading the implementation of data management policy, procedure, guidance or practice in a program and/or project environment.
- Clear, concise and articulate oral and written communication skills, with the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate.
- A proven track record of working effectively to tight timeframes and deliver outcomes on time, preferably for Australian Government organisations.
- Proven ability to deliver concurrent deliverables to tight deadlines, using initiative and responding flexibly to change and uncertainty.
- A good working knowledge of and demonstrated experience in, applying the Data Management Book of Knowledge (DMBoK) to develop data management/ governance practice and progress enterprise data projects
- Demonstrated expertise in areas of: data storage and operations (requirement gathering), metadata management, data catalogue and enterprise business glossary development, data stewardship (model refinement and implementation), data quality management and data policy development
- Microsoft Suite, Azure, cloud computing experience
- Experience working with Australian Government agencies