Estimated start date: December 2021
Length of contract: to 30 October 2022, with possibility of extension based on performance and business requirements.
Work Location: The candidates can reside in Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide
THE SENIOR TEST ENGINEER APS6 ensures that ICT solutions improve quality, performance, architectural and functional requirements and are fit for business purpose. The Senior Test Engineer ensures that all test effort activities are effectively completed and carried out in accordance with agreed test guidelines. The Senior Test Engineer works under the limited direction of senior staff. They exercise both initiative and judgement in the interpretation of policy and in the application of practices and procedures. Decision making is dependent on judgement, skills and knowledge. The Senior Test Engineer manages and organises their own work in the context of competing priorities, including contributing to business planning, changes in workplace practices and innovative improvement strategies. The Senior Test Engineer may manage a team
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute test cases on appropriate testing platforms using own in-depth analysis of specifications.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both when writing documentation and when writing code.
- Exercises a degree of independent judgement in the interpretation of policy and in the application of practices and procedures
- Ability to apply in-depth practices and procedures when designing, executing and creating test cases
- Ability to prioritise work effectively
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and deal with ambiguity
Specific skills requirement per location
Brisbane Skill Requirements
• Certification in ISTQB Foundations
• Experience in Test Automation an advantage
• Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team and dedicated test teams.
Adelaide Skill Requirements
Demonstrated ability to:
• identify, analyse, manage and document all defects, programming errors and operational characteristics that are inconsistent with stated requirements and design specifications
• monitor and manage time and effort to ensure test cases are running to project schedule and escalate any issues
• support a small team including setting local priorities, managing resources, and assisting with the development of work plans
• collaborate with stakeholders to resolve issues and ensure effective and timely implementation of projects
While a Security Clearance is not required for this engagement at the time of issue of this RFQ, the candidates should hold Australian citizenship.