GoSourcing is hiring Senior Project Managers (EL1) to support a Federal Government client in Adelaide or Brisbane office.
Project and Services
Project Management professionals plan and undertake administration of a specific project. They oversee the purpose and status of the project and ensure all project goals and timeframes are met.
Project Managers support the agency by ensuring the high quality and consistent delivery of projects.
Working under the broad direction of senior staff, they are responsible for managing the design, planning, development, implementation and evaluation of project outputs.
They liaise and work with key stakeholders to foster partnerships, provide strategic advice and optimise the effectiveness of projects in their area of responsibility.
In performing a leadership role, they support innovation, changes in workplace practices and organises work in the context of competing priorities and strategic direction.
Duties may include some or all of the following:
- Manage, deliver and monitor projects that may have an organisation-wide impact
- Develop, manage and implement project plans and schedules in accordance with the
- Agency’s project management framework and consider project interdependencies
- Collaborate with staff in immediate work area and with internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to project design, governance arrangements and operational integration
- Ensure project deliverables and milestones are met on time and within budget
- Coordinate strategic planning for longer term project initiatives
- Lead and manage staff and manage performance, attendance and health and wellbeing
- Develop staff capability through coaching, mentoring and succession planning
- Provide expert advice and feedback to stakeholders and the agency's executive
- Research, review and evaluate projects in specific operational or technical areas
- Report on project outputs to stakeholders, and oversee regular project reporting including status updates and exception reports
Estimated Start Date: 1st September 2022
Term: Initial Term to 31st August 2023
Extension Options: Possibility of extensions up to 24 months, based on performance & business requirements
Work Location: Adelaide or Brisbane ONLY
Security Clearance: Must be an Australian Citizen and Personnel must be eligible to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance.
- Experience in a government (preferably Federal) environment across a Large Agency
- Candidates must be available full time, onsite and in Adelaide OR Brisbane
- Demonstrated understanding of the SDLC
- Experience in varied project delivery methodologies – including Agile, Scaled Agile, Waterfall
- Demonstrated experience in directing and delivering highly complex, ICT projects within a broader programme environment where multiple interdependencies exist
- Ability to span both agile and traditional project delivery methodologies (SAFe Certified)
- Proven and demonstrated Highly developed stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Proven and demonstrated Highly developed vendor / partner / sourcing management skills
- Proven and demonstrated Highly developed communication and organisation skills