The Client leads the Australian Government’s efforts to improve cyber security and has an ongoing requirement for a Test Manager to work in support of the Program on complex projects within an integrated workforce.
As the Test Manager you will be responsible for the planning, coordination, and control of various test activities. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to build and deliver valuable test outcomes that are aligned with scheduled sprints and releases. In addition you will actively identify, develop and adopt continuous improvements to test framework, tools and artefacts aimed at elevating testing capabilities across the software testing life cycle (STLC).
Indicative duties include, but are not limited to:
- Defining and implementing the role testing plays within the organization,
- Defining the scope of testing within the context of each release/delivery, and
- Deploying and managing the appropriate testing framework to meet the testing mandate.
Key knowledge or experience required include:
- Managing a team of test analysts,
- Broad experience in managing the testing of complex integrated solutions comprising bespoke components with numerous system interfaces, security use-cases and testing system infrastructure (e.g. network components, gateways, firewalls etc.), and
- Experience operating within an agile scrum context using Atlassian stack test design, execution and reporting.
Estimated start date: Monday, 01 May 2023
Initial contract duration: 12 months
Extension term: 2x 12 months
Location of work: ACT
Security clearance: Australian Citizen and must have an NV1 Security Clearance
FOR INFORMATION: This role requires the successful candidate to complete an Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) within 12 months of engagement.
An OSA is an ASD policy requirement (ASD-POL-014) for contractors who will be engaged for a period in excess of 12 months. OSA’s are conducted to determine a person’s suitability to work in ASD. Before submitting an application for this role, the candidate should consider their preparedness for questions that may include the following topics: personal relationships, living circumstances, personal values, financial situation, physical and mental health history including substance use, and any civil and/or military record.
- Proven experience demonstrating responsibility for all aspects of the test management process ( analysis, design, planning, testing execution, monitoring and reporting).
- Demonstrated experience mentoring team members in testing standards, processes and testing best practice.
- Demonstrated experience in the verification of ICT infrastructure (physical and virtual), CI/CD developed solutions and client and server software.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining the integrity of testing and coordinating the execution of these activities, defining test cases, scenarios and scripts based on business requirements and use cases.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- Experience using Jira and Confluence for test artefact design and management.
- Experience in verifying non-functional requirements (Load, Performance, Reliability and Compliance).
- Demonstrated understanding of security testing and fundamental system security principles and experience in conducting test activities within a SAFe Agile methodology.