A Federal Govt Department is seeking experienced and motivated .Net developers with a minimum of 5 years experience to assist with the delivery of various ICT Projects across the Division. Successful candidates will be required to:
- Contribute to the development of an Azure based web API and Portal applications to support existing legislative reporting requirements, and new regulatory processes.
- Be able to integrate various system components to achieve a seamless end to end experience for users
- Providing technical advice on issues related to systems development.
- Apply secure coding practices/processes to ensure the solution delivered through the project is secure and robust
- Conduct peer reviews of code and infrastructure
- Work with the delivery manager to support our agile delivery approach
- Collaborate and mentor team members to promote team harmony and support cross-skilling professional development
- Instill a culture of learning, collaboration, and continuous improvement in a team environment
- Become part of the DISER developer Community to share project work concepts and learnings.
- Undertake additional duties as required.
Estimated start date 1st July2022
Location of work
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
Length of contract 12 months
Contract extensions Up to 2 x 12 months
Security clearance Must be an Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain a baseline clearance
- Demonstrated experience (Min 5 years) implementing secure web based business solutions.
- experience developing web APIs using Azure API Manager and customer facing web portal development using .NET Framework (including .NET Core) and ASP.NET
- experience developing web applications using either Angular or React
- familiarity with the Internet Security Manual (ISM), it’s controls and how to apply them to a solution design and build
- experience with unit/integration/automation testing. Familiarity with xUnit, nUnit, Selenium, Playwright.Net.
- Demonstrated Cloud experience in cloud-based solution implementation with technologies such as:
- Azure Logic Apps, Azure SQL and Azure Service Bus and Azure API Manager
- Azure DevOps and Visual Studio for code development, management, repositories, and deployments (CI/CD)
- integrating custom built apps with third-party systems, including Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM
- Extensive experience developing on Azure platforms
- Demonstrated experience in successfully optimising complex legacy code to fully utilise benefits of Azure Cloud environment
- Experience working with Agile Multi-disciplinary teams to deliver secure, user friendly and reliable solutions that meet stakeholder, citizen, and business expectations.
- Ability to pragmatically change direction and scope as new information is discovered and challenges or opportunities present themselves
- Cultural fit:
• Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams
• Ability to work with technical and non-technical staff at all levels.
• Ability to collaborate and mentor team members to promote team harmony
- Experience in development using Agile and DevOps delivery models
- Experience developing web applications using either Angular or React
- Integration/UI/FrontEnd testing: Selenium, Playwright.Net, Jest
- Tertiary qualifications in software design and development
- Experience working with SQL servers, Cosmos DB, Blob storage and high volume data traffic/processing