Technical Security Policy Expert - 2421
A federal agency In Canberra is seeking a pragmatic, outcome driven TECHNICAL SECURITY POLICY EXPERT to work on the implementation of IT Security policies, technologies, business needs, and emerging threats through out government.
If you have a desire to improve government security culture and has expertise in technology, business and policy – APPLY NOW!
Your role as a Technical Security Policy Expert:
- Work with a small team of cyber security professionals.
- Work in the Government Uplift team. The team is focused on the implementation of IT Security throughout government and works by helping agencies turn IT security policy and strategy into practical and effective controls, processes and technical implementations.
- Involve in bridging the divides between Security Policy, Technology, Organisational Dynamics, Business Needs, Emerging Threats and Opportunities.
- Assist the government agency pursue it’s realistic goals to achieve the impact at scale
Your main skills and experience
- With at least 10 years experience in Cyber Security.
- Writing IT Security Policy.
- Depth in cyber security and technical background.
- Previously or currently working in Technical IT discipline such as System Administration or Development.
- Working in industry and across public sector.
- Ability to translate policy controls into technical mitigations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Has a pragmatic, outcomes- driven approach.
- Desire to improve Government security culture.
Nice if you have experience in
- Information Security Manual and Protective Security Policy Framework Experience.
- Programming or Scripting Experience
- IRAP Accredited
Got questions: Email us at C56A6AA252@jobs.workablemail.com
Cyber securityInformation security manualIRAP accreditedIT securityIT security and strategyIT Security policypolicy controlsprogrammingscriptingsystem administrationsystem administration or developmenttechnical mitigations