Canberra based Federal Gov't Agency has an exciting opportunity for a Front-End Developer to help influence the continual improvement and evolution of agency’s tools and transactional website.
This role will work within multi-discipline delivery teams, following agile principles to develop and support new and existing IT systems to support business. You will play an important role in assisting with the delivery and implementation of numerous innovative tools for both internal and external use. You will also contribute to the integration team, which is responsible for the transactional channels and integration platform, including the transactional website.
Under the direction of the Delivery Manager, Product Owner and Technical Lead, your tasks will include:
- Designing, building, maintaining, and testing of web applications across the full development stack, using technologies and practices, including Vue.js.
- Influencing the front-end web development practices and architecture .
- Mentoring and supporting team members in modern web development techniques.
- Assisting with the configuration and deployment of multiple front-end products.
- Maintaining a focus on developing high quality unit and integration tests covering implemented code.
- Assisting with the assessment of new technology and how they can be effectively introduced to the enterprise.
- Planning, documenting, and managing deliverables assigned to you for completion.
- Working with the delivery manager to support our agile delivery approach.
- Be part of a progressive and modern delivery team responsible for transforming the agency’s digital services and delivering innovative customer-centric solutions.
Candidates are also expected to be proactive and motivated to share their knowledge within other technical areas (if relevant to their role).
Estimated start date 18 July 2022
Initial contract duration 12 Months
Extension term 12 months
Number of extensions 2
Location of work ACT, Offsite
This role may be performed remotely. The candidate may be requested to attend onsite up to 4 times per year at the request of the Director to support planning or other activities as required.
Security clearance Applicants must be Australian Citizen and have ability to obtain Baseline Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated experience in backend and API development (preferably Python).
- Experience delivering cloud native solutions using any of the following technologies: AWS: Azure; GCP; Kubernetes; OpenShift; Docker.
- Experience working in an agile and/or DevOps environment including experience/knowledge of: CI/CD Pipelines; Infrastructure as Code; Micro Services; Automated Testing; Agile Methodologies.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to support and maintain a culture where team members work closely to deliver quality outcomes.