A Federal Gov’t client will introduce a Consumer Data Right (CDR). The CDR will allow consumers to easily transfer their data between providers so they can compare and switch between products and services. It will also encourage competition between providers, leading not only to better prices for consumers but also more innovative products and services. The CDR will be rolled out sector-by-sector across the economy, starting with the banking sector, then the energy sector.
Thus, is seeking a Business Analyst who has a strategic mindset and a good technical awareness, to support the CDR Division’s system capability as part of our Engagement team.
The successful candidate will work closely with external policy, standards, and regulatory stakeholders to ensure that business and technical requirements are understood and clearly defined.
- Understand the client’s role and responsibilities in implementing the Competition and Consumer (Consumer Data Right) Rules and the Consumer Data Standards.
- Working collaboratively with agency stakeholders responsible for the CDR program:
- Represent the client in design and planning activities.
- Influence policy and standards decisions.
- Negotiate and co-ordinate implementation timeframes and milestone targets.
- Identify and interpret relevant technical information and issues and inform internal delivery teams on subjects such as data standards, API requirements, information security, and cloud computing.
- Establish and maintain an extensive professional network and build a knowledgebase of key program assumptions and constraints, requirements, issues, and stakeholder perspectives.
- Drive engagement across internal and external stakeholders, encouraging collaboration and commitment to achievement of program goals.
- Proactively plan for CDR Rules and Consumer Data Standards changes. This includes:
- Leading translation of policy and standards into business and technical requirements.
- Developing practical goals, clear milestones, and change management plans.
- Proactively identifying identify risks, issues, and opportunities.
- Developing high quality presentations and reports, including board and committee papers, submissions and other written or presentation materials.
- Develop business analyst artefacts and documents that include business requirements, impact analysis, process models, presentations, and briefings
- Work with the client’s design and delivery teams to develop, priorities and deliver work plans.
- Prepare and present reports to the client’s Executive to inform and to enable informed decision making.
Estimated Start Date: 26th April 2022
Term: Initial Term to 30th June 2022
Extension Options: Possibility of 2 x 1-year extensions, based on performance and business requirements
Work Location: ACT, NSW, VIC, QLD, WA and SA.
- Extensive experience in developing business requirements, including the ability to interpret legislation/policy, technical and stakeholder needs
- Experience delivering high quality Executive briefing material and reports, communications material for a variety of audiences and.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, encourage collaboration and influence decision making.
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal), including the ability to succinctly convey complex messages and effectively facilitate stakeholder discussions.
- Problem-solving, analytical and strategic thinking capability, with an ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Experienced or trained in:
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe); Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect; Confluence
- Good technical awareness of:
- API’s, data standards and cloud-based solutions
- Confirmation Australian Citizenship or Australian Permanent Resident + Police Check