One of our client are responsible for delivering cutting edge capabilities to support ASD’s Signals Intelligence, Cyber and Enterprise requirements.
These requirements consists of a combination of:
- Delivery of new capability under a new program.
- Delivery of ASD’s major capability programs and.
- Enhancing and modernizing existing capabilities.
To facilitate this, the program has a requirement for a Software Tester who has a proven history of working in complex projects and with a multidisciplinary workforce.
The Software Tester’s role is key to ensure project deliverables are aligned to requirements, and testing is appropriately rigorous over the life of the project. The Software Tester is to provide customer-focused quality assurance outcomes, support the delivery team and is proactive in contributing to successful project outcomes.
The successful candidate will be required to work cohesively and communicate effectively with ASD staff and other stakeholder groups.
Estimated start date: Wednesday, 01 March 2023
Initial contract duration: 12 months
Location of work: ACT
Security clearance: Australian Citizen and must have Positive Vetting
- Relevant professional and academic certification is highly desirable.
- Understanding and working knowledge of automation testing tools and technologies including Puppet, Ansible and Docker.
- Proficiency and experience in one or more programming languages.
- Contribute to software development testing (Agile methods).
- Contribute to implementing test automation, including making use of available test automation tools where available and having the ability to develop test harnesses.
- Program code within established ASD testing protocols, guidelines, and quality standards to ensure systems perform to specification. This includes Identify, plan for, and configure the software and hardware tools required to facilitate efficient and effective testing based on the test plan.
- Prepare test cases and baseline test metrics, in alignment with ASD standards.
- Conduct performance, functional and system integration testing in alignment with established standards and practices to validate and verify system performance, functional and system requirements.
- Review and analyze results to determine the source of faults and work with engineers and developers to identify and retest issues.
- Contribute to identifying and resolving project risks and issues and capitalizing on opportunities for project delivery.