The Security Infrastructure Analyst will have experience in performing current state analysis, requirements analysis definition and implementation of cyber security monitoring and reporting services, specifically with regards to secure gateway operations, monitoring and related Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) services. Skills and experience in IBM QRadar, network gateways and the Mitre Attacks and Mitre D3fend frameworks are preferred. Provide security analysis of the current state, report options and recommendations, and specify an uplift and enhancement program for the reporting of cyber metrics to Customers of the Services Australia Shared Services Gateway.
Primary Technologies: QRadar, Secure Internet Gateways, Network security engineering and operations.
The Security Analyst’s Key Tasks/Duties may include some or all of the following:
- Elicit, analyse and manage security requirements to meet demand.
- Manage the prioritisation and escalation of security issues.
- Communicate the end-to-end implications of security configuration changes.
- Analyse the cyber security impacts of requests for change management.
- Provide detailed specialist technical infrastructure security advice, including strategic advice to the senior executive where appropriate.
- Proactively share knowledge and expertise as the subject matter expert, and provide assistance and mentorship to less experienced colleagues.
- Assist in the development and implementation of cyber security strategies, policy and procedures and change initiatives.
- Undertake research on emerging technologies and provide recommendations on products and suitability for the agency.
- Prepare, review and maintain documentation which may include design documentation, implementation plans, test plans.
- Support procedures, encourage innovation, continuous improvement and manage and support change.
Estimated start date Tuesday, 01 August 2023
Initial contract duration 5 Months
Extension term 6 months
Number of extensions 2
Location of work ACT, QLD, SA, VIC
Working arrangements The contractor will be required to attend and undertake their work at a Service Australia office in one of the nominated capital cities for a minimum of 3 days per week. Services Australia will consider flexible working arrangements once these requirements are met on a case by case basis.
Security clearance: Must have Baseline
- Demonstrated experience and success with analysing gateway and network security monitoring solutions in large complex environments, including specialist knowledge of SIEM configuration, SOC operations and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in the configuration and deployment of IBM QRadar, use case development and associated reporting capabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry Cyber Security frameworks, best practices and standards including the Mitre Att&ck and Defend frameworks.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with security requirements and solutions with regard to Federal Government information security policy (i.e. Information Security Manual, Protective Security Policy Framework) and the ACSCs Cyber Security principles and guidelines.